· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - File Not Found
File Not Found

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alliewils
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: File Not Found

I am trying to log on to NeoOffice Mobile from NeoOffice, and I keep getting "file not found." Sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't. If I reload I get the same thing. Quitting NeoOffice and trying again hasn't worked, either.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Although this does not happen very often, we ran into this same problem on one of our machines a few months ago. What we found is that Mac OS X caches web pages on your machine's hard drive and if any of the cached files get corrupted, you will see a "file not found" error.

To test if you are seeing the same problem that we saw, can you try the following steps?:

1. Quit NeoOffice

2. Launch the /Applications/Utilities/Terminal application, paste the following command into the Terminal window, and press the Return key:

Code:
rm -Rf ~/Library/Caches/soffice.bin

3. Restart NeoOffice

After doing the above steps, are you able to log into NeoOffice Mobile?

Patrick

Last edited by pluby on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alliewils
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject:

unfortunately, it didn't work. I tried it twice.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Can you attach a screen snapshot of the NeoOffice Mobile window so that I can see the exact error text that you are seeing? To take a screen snapshot, press the Command-Shift-4 keys and then drag the cursor from the top right corner of the window to the bottom left corner. When you release the mouse, a new image file should appear on your desktop that you can attach.

You can attach the screen snapshot image file using the steps in this forum post.

Patrick
Alliewils
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject:

I also tried clearing the cache on my browser. I'm using Chrome.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for the screen snapshot. I can now reproduce what you are seeing.

From what I can see, NeoOffice Mobile is trying to fetch a document from Google Docs. I assume that you had logged into Google Docs and fetched the same document at some point and now that is where NeoOffice Mobile is redirecting you to when you login.

To fix this, I need to find out where the Google Docs document URL is getting stored. Can you tell me if you get this same error if you go the following URL in your web browser and login?:

http://neomobile.neooffice.org/

Patrick
Alliewils
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject:

no problem logging in there.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject:

OK. I believe that the Google Docs URL that NeoOffice Mobile is redirecting to is stored in a NeoOffice preference file on your machine.

Can you try the following steps and tell us if it fixes the problem for you?:

1. Quit NeoOffice

2. Launch the /Applications/Utilities/Terminal application, paste the following command into the Terminal window, and press the Return key:

Code:
rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/org.neooffice.NeoOffice.plist

3. Restart NeoOffice

Patrick
Alliewils
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Success! I did it 3 times, logging into my Google docs from there, and it worked. Many thanks!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Good to hear that my workaround worked. Now that I know the cause of the bug, I have created bug 3670 to track the progress of fixing this bug.

To permanently fix this bug, I will display the standard NeoOffice Mobile toolbar buttons above the error so that when NeoOffice Mobile tries to load a Google Docs document and it fails, you can navigate to other NeoOffice Mobile pages.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have put a fix for this bug on our NeoOffice Mobile servers. So, if this problem happens again, you will see the page in that attached screen snapshot instead of the "file not found" page that you were seeing.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1