Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Allow floating update window to be minimized?
Allow floating update window to be minimized?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Allow floating update window to be minimized?

Today when launching Neo I discovered I hadn't downloaded Patch-4 yet, so I let the new update system work its magic. But I also wanted to get some work done while I waited on the download. I discovered I had only one option: move (or resize) the giant window out of my way, mostly offscreen, so I could work on my spreadsheet, because the minimize button was disabled.

Would it be possible to enable the minimize button on that panel so that users can easily minimize the window out of the way while the download is occurring?

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject:

The "miniaturizable" window option cannot be enabled for Mac OS X floating windows (I just tried this is some test code and the option is ignored by Mac OS X).

Did you try pressing the the green "zoom" button? Like the NeoOffice Mobile floating window, pressing that button should squeeze the window's vertical height so that only the status area at the bottom of the window shows.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
The "miniaturizable" window option cannot be enabled for Mac OS X floating windows (I just tried this is some test code and the option is ignored by Mac OS X).

Drat Wink I thought I had remembered seeing some panels that supported it. Oh well.

pluby wrote:
Did you try pressing the the green "zoom" button? Like the NeoOffice Mobile floating window, pressing that button should squeeze the window's vertical height so that only the status area at the bottom of the window shows.

No, I didn't think to try that. That would definitely work for my case, though; I'll try to remember for next time Smile Thanks!

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
No, I didn't think to try that. That would definitely work for my case, though; I'll try to remember for next time Smile Thanks!

FYI. Below is a screen snapshot of what the floating window looks like after pressing the green "zoom" button.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1