· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Save EPS images in .doc and .docx files
Save EPS images in .doc and .docx files

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice New Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Nice stuff. I recall something about having added vector image primitives in the Apache OpenOffice blog, so possibly a more comprehensive solution can appear in the (much) more distant future.

Rendering to bitmap should take care of many people's needs Smile.

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Nice stuff. I recall something about having added vector image primitives in the Apache OpenOffice blog, so possibly a more comprehensive solution can appear in the (much) more distant future.

No. Nothing will appear in the near or distant future as the only vector image that .doc supports is EMF and we would have to convert from the EPS vector image. I am not trying to be negative but it is tiresome when you proclaim that there is some code that will implement some new feature that you want but you haven't even verified that what you read even exists or works.

As far as I am concerned, Apple has not ever been able to support conversion from EPS or PDF to EMF in their QuickTime functions so AFAICT what you mention is vaporware.

When Apache releases a production version and you have verified that their code actually does convert EPS to EMF without loss of vector image data, then post about it.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice New Feature Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2