NeoOffice :: View topic - Hang after installing Language Pack
Hang after installing Language Pack

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject:

Patch 0 Test 5 fixes it for me too.

Sorry about the lack of steps to reproduce. I had been trying to work it out, but it seems that I use Cmd-Q or the menus interchangeably depending on where my right hand is at the time without realising and had therefore not made the association.

Andy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject:

amayze wrote:
Sorry about the lack of steps to reproduce. I had been trying to work it out, but it seems that I use Cmd-Q or the menus interchangeably depending on where my right hand is at the time without realising and had therefore not made the association.

It still seems strange to me that this bug never occurred when you quit via pressing the Command-Q keys, but at least we now know that it wasn't caused by my fixes for the hanging during update check bug nor for the Base listbox display bug.

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject:

I just got another crash when quitting. Steps to reproduce:

- I had 2 documents open.
- one had unsaved changes and a title (it had been saved previously)
- the other had unsaved changes and no title

- use the menu to quit, NeoOffice :: Quit

I had this happen with both Writer and Calc.

Fran
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject:

Based on this post, I understand that it may be some time before Patrick has a chance to investigate this more.

In the meanwhile I will try and narrow down the situation that causes the crash since the crashing does not occur every time like it did before the fix in the last test patch.

Fran
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject:

In this particular case it appears the main thread is trying to join to itself in osl_getOpenFilePath so instead of deadlocking my first thought is that the join to self condition is being detected and throwing the signal to kill the application. By any chance are there any messages printed in the system console?

I'll take a glance at that code tomorrow as it maybe it needs a trylock instead of failing.

ed
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject:

I can reproduce this crash following Fran's steps in Writer (I've not tried Calc).
Attached is a crash log and also a couple of lines from the console:
Code:
04/07/2012 12:04:23.997 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502: ([0x0-0x5c05c].org.neooffice.NeoOffice[1090]) Tried to setup shared memory more than once
04/07/2012 12:05:01.977 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502: ([0x0-0x5c05c].org.neooffice.NeoOffice[1090]) Job appears to have crashed: Abort trap: 6

The first line is written on launch of NeoOffice, the second when it crashes.

Andy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
In this particular case it appears the main thread is trying to join to itself in osl_getOpenFilePath so instead of deadlocking my first thought is that the join to self condition is being detected and throwing the signal to kill the application. By any chance are there any messages printed in the system console?

I'll take a glance at that code tomorrow as it maybe it needs a trylock instead of failing.

Good catch on the thread join. That call is in vcl/source/app/svmainhook.cxx. To add to your theory, I can see the problem being that our vcl event dispatch thread has terminated. I don't have a build available today so I can't see if I had made any changes to that file as part of the "de-Javafication" process, but I suspect that you are right about the thread joining being the cause.

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject:

OK thanks. Thanks for looking at the console output for me. The SIGABRT doesn't really nail things down more but yeah that is the application shooting itself in the head. Probably not a bad idea Wink

It's a holiday here so I'll be mostly farting off but I'll start spinning on this later this afternoon after I get bored with watching DS9 (which is yet another unique form of self-hatred and torture, but at least finally I'm getting close to the dominion storyline)

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject:

I found the cause of this crash and it was in our new native menu code. I have fixed it, but I need to fix the native menu bugs described in this forum topic before I post a test patch. Hopefully I will have a test patch posted in the coming week.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject:

I think that I have fixed this crashing bug.

Can you install the test patch and tell us this bug is fixed for you?:

Intel:
http://sally.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.3_Beta-Patch-0-Test-6-Intel.dmg

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject:

The crashing bug is fixed for me with Test Patch 6.

Thank you,
Fran
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject:

Patch 0 Test 6 fixes this crashing bug for me too.

Thanks,

Andy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have included the fixes for both the hanging during patch update check bug and the crash when quitting using the menus in the menubar bug in NeoOffice 3.3 Beta Patch 1. You can download the patch from the NeoOffice 3.3 Beta patch download page.

I have also included the fix for hanging during patch update check bug in NeoOffice 3.2.1 Patch 7. You can download the patch from the NeoOffice 3.2.1 patch download page.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum