Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Promoting a numbered list item one level inserts a space
Promoting a numbered list item one level inserts a space

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avi
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Promoting a numbered list item one level inserts a space

I'm using 3.3 Beta Patch 1 on a MacBook Pro (10.7.4), and I'm having the following problem (see attached sample doc):

I'm creating a document and using numbered items to drill down into an outline/task list. Everything was going along fine until I wanted to promote an item one level, then all of a sudden NeoOffice starts inserting an unwanted space (tab?) that I can't get rid of.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject:

What you are seeing is not a bug but a result of the fact that you have "level 3" items set to be followed by a tab and up in the horizontal ruler you have set tabs to occur at every centimeter.

So, when you create a level 3 item (in your case promoting the last items) that has a number "vii" or "viii" like shown in the attached image, those numbers are wider than most all of the other numbers and the number extends past the tab stop (which I have marked by a red line) that the previous level 3 numbers used.

To avoid this behavior, you will need to move the level 3 tab stop to the right a little amount. You can move the level 3 tab stop by putting the cursor in any level 3 item and then selecting the Format :: Bullets and Numbering menu. In the dialog that appears, click on the Position tab and change the value in the "at" text field from 1.00" to 1.10" inches. Then press the OK button.

You will also need to make the same change for lower levels as well.

Edit by pluby: added screen snapshot.

Patrick
Avi
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
What you are seeing is not a bug but a result of the fact that you have "level 3" items set to be followed by a tab and up in the horizontal ruler you have set tabs to occur at every centimeter.

So, when you create a level 3 item (in your case promoting the last items) that has a number "vii" or "viii" like shown in the attached image, those numbers are wider than most all of the other numbers and the number extends past the tab stop (which I have marked by a red line) that the previous level 3 numbers used.

To avoid this behavior, you will need to move the level 3 tab stop to the right a little amount. You can move the level 3 tab stop by putting the cursor in any level 3 item and then selecting the Format :: Bullets and Numbering menu. In the dialog that appears, click on the Position tab and change the value in the "at" text field from 1.00" to 1.10" inches. Then press the OK button.

You will also need to make the same change for lower levels as well.

Edit by pluby: added screen snapshot.

Patrick

Thank you Patrick! I actually just did a facepalm as I realized what the problem was. I just wasn't sure of the best way of dealing with it. Sorry to bug you! I'm loving NeoOffice so far!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum