Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Would like to contribute to NeoOffice
Would like to contribute to NeoOffice

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kvryland
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Would like to contribute to NeoOffice

I would like to contribute to NeoOffice, but I cannot find a page that allows me to do that. Please tell me how to get to the donation page.
Thanks.
Ken Ryland

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Normally, we have a payment form on the NeoOffice Services page. However, because we had been seeing the number of PayPal disputes grow rapidly and nearly all such disputes were from people who had never used NeoOffice before, we had to temporarily shutdown new payments as those disputes were taking away a lot of time from working on the NeoOffice code.

Since that shutdown, we have been reenabling payments for certain groups and right now, anyone who has made an undisputed payment to us in the past can make a payment.

So, for now to get to the payment page you need to go the NeoOffice downloads page, click on the newest download available (the last download listed), and login with the e-mail address that you used for your last payment to us.

Once you login for the download, cancel the download (but don't click the logout link) and go to the NeoOffice Services page. You should then see the payment form.

Patrick
kvryland
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Would like to contribute to NeoOffice

Patrick:

I went through my PayPal account for 2011 and saw that my donation last year went to XXXX@XXXX. Does that e-mail address for donations still work?

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Would like to contribute to NeoOffice

kvryland wrote:
I went through my PayPal account for 2011 and saw that my donation last year went to XXXXX@XXXX. Does that e-mail address for donations still work?

No. That e-mail is no longer active due to excessive spam.

BTW, I have edited your post. Since this is a public forum, posting e-mails results in a flood of spam to that e-mail.

Patrick
kvryland
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Would like to contribute to NeoOffice

OK. I went to the "Service" page, but I do not see any form on that page for making a financial contribution to NeoOffice.

Sorry, but I just don't see any way on that page to support NeoOffice.

Ken

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Would like to contribute to NeoOffice

kvryland wrote:
OK. I went to the "Service" page, but I do not see any form on that page for making a financial contribution to NeoOffice.

Sorry, but I just don't see any way on that page to support NeoOffice.

Then you need to reread my instructions carefully and follow them exactly. You obviously didn't follow the directions exactly using the links in my post.

I tested my instructions so I know they work and I am not going to spend any more time on this.

Patrick
kvryland
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Would like to contribute to NeoOffice

Patrick:

All this may be working for you, but it is not working for me. I keep logging in with no place to go after that. You may think this is working, but you are leaving me with nothing. ALL I WANT TO DO IS GIVE YOU SOME MONEY, AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO WANT IT. How hard can it be to make a very clear path for someone who wants to send you money to be able to do it? Your instructions are not working. I can't make it any clearer than that.

Ken

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Would like to contribute to NeoOffice

kvryland wrote:
Your instructions are not working. I can't make it any clearer than that.

Bullshit. You didn't follow them exactly so I am going to be blunt: if you are going to waste my time because you can't follow directions exactly, we do not want your money.

This forum topic is now locked.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Would like to contribute to NeoOffice

pluby wrote:
kvryland wrote:
Your instructions are not working. I can't make it any clearer than that.

Bullshit. You didn't follow them exactly so I am going to be blunt: if you are going to waste my time because you can't follow directions exactly, we do not want your money.

Dear Ken,

We all know Patrick as a very conscientious man, so I tend to believe him when he says the links are working. On the other hand, this exchange escalated into bluntless extremely quickly.

FWIW, Patrick has had severe problems recently with people donating via PayPal and then demanding their money back or demanding levels of service that could not be realistically met. It led to unsustainable administrative burdens. Your replies were seen in a climate of suspicion fostered by these disputes. This is a sad state of affairs but cannot be helped at the moment.

If you are truly committed to helping NeoOffice, please try again, carefully or wait until new donation methods are set up. If not, bye, bye.

Best wishes,
Oscar

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum