Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:46 am Post subject: highlight quirk
I don't recall if this was present before, but I see a funny quirk when I do highlighting: If I selected a colour previously, it uses the colour indicated in the bar under the button, but when I selected 'no fill' it defaults to yellow instead, unless I select 'no fill' every time.
I figured this may well be intentional, but because the bar under the button stays clear it is a bit confusing to me. _________________ "What do you think of Western Civilization?"
"I think it would be a good idea!"
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
- Start with a new doc with clean text in it
- Select some text, choose the Highlighting dropdown and choose a colour
- Select some of that highlighted text, choose the Highlighting dropdown again, and choose No Fill
- Highlighting icon displays No Fill as most recent colour selected in the little 'visor'
- Select some text, click on Highlighting icon - you expect it to use No Fill, as that's what's displayed, but in fact it uses the last proper colour chosen instead.
OK. I now see what both of you see and that is a limitation in all versions of OpenOffice.org. OpenOffice.org does not have the ability to remove highlighting by pressing the Highlight toolbar button. You can only set a new color that way.
To remove all highlighting (that is, set the color to "no fill"), you need to click on that toolbar button's arrow and click on the "No Fill" rectangle at the top of the popup that appears.
You can post new topics in this forum You can reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum