· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Was charged $25 not $10
Was charged $25 not $10

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfuzzi
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Was charged $25 not $10

I only want the $10 donation but it looks like I was charged incorrectly $25, please advise and correct
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject:

The $10 is option is only available for people who have paid us in the past is not available to new users like yourself.

The reason is that new users like you caused us to close off all payments and allowing the $25 option was our attempt to slowly open the payments back up.

However, you've made it clear that allowing the $25 option was a mistake and we will now limit payments to only people who have paid us in the past.

BTW, since you posted, you have taken advantage of our $25 services so we will not issue you any refund.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject:

FYI. The $25 option is now disabled for new users. The $10 and $25 options are still available for users who have made a NeoOffice payment in the past and have no PayPal disputes.

Patrick
sfuzzi
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject:

I really don't know what you are talking about. This is ridiculous. All over your website it said it was $10 to download the software and now you are charging me $25. I see you are now changing the webpages??

I am not paying extra money just so I can post here and ask you to correct the inaccurate charge to my credit card. If you do not correct the fee to $10 I will dispute the entire fee with my credit card account.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject:

sfuzzi wrote:
I am not paying extra money just so I can post here and ask you to correct the inaccurate charge to my credit card. If you do not correct the fee to $10 I will dispute the entire fee with my credit card account.

I have refunded your $25 payment and permanently blocked your e-mail from our site. We don't need or want to deal with cheap, demanding people like you so go find something else to use.

BTW, if some site suggested paying $25 and asking for a $15 refund, I suggest that you tell them that the clever approach of paying $25 and asking for a refund will no longer work as we have closed off payments from all users who have not paid before.

And for those who are reading this forum topic who don't understand why we aren't falling all over ourselves for new users, the answer is simple: we are at capacity and have no more support services available for you. We barely have enough for our past paying users and, sadly, since a large percentage of new users are demanding and high-maintenance, we must limit payments to only users who have paid us in the past.

Patrick
vj1726a
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
FYI. The $25 option is now disabled for new users. The $10 and $25 options are still available for users who have made a NeoOffice payment in the past and have no PayPal disputes.

Patrick

Not sure if this is the right place to tell you about this but it's not clear where else to let you know -- FYI, looks like the $25 option is no longer available to anyone.

I just logged on to:

https://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/services.php#payment

with my previously registered email, and, looking at the payment page, only $10 or $100 comes up (I made a payment in March 2012 and have no PayPal disputes). I hope you'll bring back the $25 level for people who are "renewing" as $100 is beyond my budget but NeoOffice is useful enough that I'd definitely like to renew next year at more than $10, and the $25 level was great to be able to post in feature requests.

If it is presently available and the above URL is not the right one for renewals, you might want to indicate what is the right URL for renewals. (I also looked around in trinity.neoffice.org under "Your Account" and couldn't find any link there.)
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject:

vj1726a wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to tell you about this but it's not clear where else to let you know -- FYI, looks like the $25 option is no longer available to anyone.

Correct. We are phasing out the $25 option. Updating the NeoOffice code to handle the changes that Apple puts in each new annual Mac OS X version is taking more or more of our limited engineering time. Our current workload is unsustainable so we must restrict the number of people that have posting privileges until our workload is back down to a maintainable level.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject:

I forgot to add that removing the $25 option and reenabling the $10 option for everyone is not necessarily permanent. After this summer's wave of new users overwhelming our very limited administrative and support capacity, we modified our main website to allow us to quickly throttle demand for our services when too many people are demand our attention.

We really are a tiny operation and the NeoOffice operational model does not scale so we try to pack as much engineering effort into each day as we possibly can. So, when we get a sharp increase in new users filing disputes or posting inappropriately to our forums, we must restrict the number of new users that we sell download or new request postings to.

We try to slowly reenable options after we have restricted them like we did when we recently reenabled $10 payments from new users and $100 payments from existing users. However, $25 payments will likely be restricted as we have a lot of users who have paid $25 this summer and it would be unreasonable to allow more $25 payments knowing that we are already very close to our maximum new features implementation capacity.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1