Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Difficulty Selecting Fontworks Objects for Editing
Difficulty Selecting Fontworks Objects for Editing

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Difficulty Selecting Fontworks Objects for Editing

I am having extreme difficulty selecting Fontworks objects in order to resize or edit them. To reproduce:

In a text document, go to View>Toolbars>Fontwork

Click the left-most icon on the Fontwork Toolbar

Select a Fontwork shape/pattern and click "OK"

When the Fontwork object appears, click elsewhere in the document

Now try to re-select the Fontwork object by clicking on it; 9 times out of 10 (maybe even 99 times out a 100) this does not work.

I've managed to select the object a couple of times tonight, but I can't figure out exactly how.

I've checked OpenOffice on both my Mac and a Windows machine at work, and selecting the Fontwork object is easy as pie in both of them. I don't have LibreOffice installed to check it.

NeoOffice 3.3. patch 2; Mac OS 10.8.2
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject:

I can reproduce this "unselectability of the fontwork object" in both NeoOffice 3.3 and 3.2.1 so I will investigate if this is caused by our code or if it is an OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 (the version that NeoOffice is base on) behavior.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject:

To select fontwork objects in NeoOffice, Command-click on the fonts in the fontwork object.

I found that this is the normal behavior in OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 and earlier versions and Oracle's OpenOffice.org engineers eventually changed the behavior in OpenOffice.org 3.3.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject:

I found out why you have to Command-click to select fontwork objects in NeoOffice: the OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 code initially inserts fontwork objects as background objects.

So, you can make a fontwork object clickable by moving it to the foreground using the following steps:

1. Select the fontwork object by Command-clicking within one of the fontwork characters (clicks between characters will fall through the object).

2. Right-click or control-click in the selected fontwork object and, in the popup menu that appears, select the Arrange :: To Foreground menu item.

Are you able to select a fontwork object with a regular mouse click after doing the above steps? Note that you still have to click within one of the fontwork object's characters.

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject:

Thanks, Patrick!

Command-clicking works to select it.

And Arrange>To Foreground makes it "Plain" clickable.

Lorinda
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1