Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Problem install OOo 1.1.2
Problem install OOo 1.1.2

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Problem install OOo 1.1.2

The installer loop on
Installing...Utility.scpt

I have OS X 10.3.6 and Java 1.4.2_05

Thanks for help
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Hmm...if it's hanging at that point in the install process that's a new one that I haven't seen. How much disk space do you have available on your boot disk? I've seen stoppages in the middle before font conversion when I was low on disk space. You should probably have at least 1-2GB free during installation to allow enough space for virtual memory used by the installer as well as OOo itself and supporting apps. The installer definitely will not play nicely with little free space on the hard drive and doesn't really have any good warnings or checks for that case.

ed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject:

I have 15GB of disk space...
Thanks
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject:

Well, then it's not the disk space Sad This is a new one on me...never seen a freeze if it wasn't disk space Shocked The Utility.scpt file is within Start OpenOffice.org, which is actually one of the first things installed in the "OpenOffice.org 1.1.2" component of the installer.

Were you able to successfully check the MD5Sum of the installer bz2 compressed file? Aside from file corruption, I'm honestly baffled.

The Java version on your machine shouldn't be making a difference as the installer will still launch with Java 1.3.x.

ed
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: OOo 1.1.2 install problem

OPENSTEP wrote:
Well, then it's not the disk space Sad This is a new one on me...never seen a freeze if it wasn't disk space Shocked The Utility.scpt file is within Start OpenOffice.org, which is actually one of the first things installed in the "OpenOffice.org 1.1.2" component of the installer.

I have never seen this problem either.

What kind of volume are you installing to - the boot volume on an internal hard disk, a non-boot volume, an external FireWire drive? Is the volume formatted as HFS+ (default), or UFS?

Suggest running Disk Utility to verify the volume and check permissions.

Regards, Terry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject:

I download installer from another mirror and now it crashes after autentication.
I try to install it from another fresh user (as a FAQ say), but it crashes anyway.
I think I have Java libraries corrupted.

P.S.: I try to install ooo112_it_jaguar.tgz, it run but during installation it doesn't copy 3 jar files (crimson, xml-apis.jar e xalan.jar).

Thanks for help.
Seva
SeVa
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject:

I have installed OOo 1.1.2...
My Java 1.3.1 Library was corrupted. I copy files from another OS X system.
Seva
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Interesting...that's probably the first verification of "corrupted Java libraries" that I've seen! That's the culprit that ZeroG always claimed was causing the launching and crashing problems in their installers, but I had never seen it myself and could never think of a way that the Java archives could get corrupted.

Something else good to add to the FAQ. Thanks for finding that one out!

ed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Can someone mail me those Java-Files? I think my files are corrupted, also. Console.app says right after Installer crashes after authentication:

2005-04-05 21:05:45.429 Install_OpenOffice.org1.1.2[758] osError = 0
JavaVM FATAL: Failed to load the jvm library. Exit

I have Java 1.4 installed.

Mailto yves.vogl***please-add-the-@-sign***gmx.de

Thank you, Yves
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject:

You might also try the steps Terry mentions here, or simply re-install Java.

Note that the installer needs Java 1.3.1, not 1.4.x.

Smokey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Problem install OOo 1.1.2

I am also having problems installing OOO and to be honest, I'm just gonna give up.

The installer is crashing right after authentication, and I've tried all the steps I can think of - reinstalling X11, brand new user, reinstalling java 1.4.2 using Pacifist. No dice. Such a pain in the *ss considering I really want to get rid of M$Office off my machine.

Any liklihood that OOO will use a non-Java installer?

512 MB ram
>9GB space
X11
fully up to date system
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Problem install OOo 1.1.2

guest wrote:
I am also having problems installing OOO and to be honest, I'm just gonna give up.

Try NeoOffice/J instead. Odds are you'll like it much better Smile

Smokey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Problem install OOo 1.1.2

sardisson wrote:
guest wrote:

Try NeoOffice/J instead. Odds are you'll like it much better Smile

Smokey

I have tried it already, but the Java problems I seem to be having which prevent OOo installing also prevent NeoOffice from launching too. No problems downloading and installing it, but when I try to launch it, it hops in the Dock a few times and then... nothing. It crashes too.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Problem install OOo 1.1.2

guest wrote:
reinstalling java 1.4.2 using Pacifist. No dice.

Oops, I missed this part of your post when I first replied. Both the OOo Installer and Neo/J need Java 1.3.1, so reinstalling 1.4.x won't help; you need to reinstall 1.3.1.

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Rebuilding Java Shared Archive

Ah ha! I finally found where I had saved the bookmark to Terry's instructions on how to rebuild the Java Shared Archive.

You can try this before trying to reinstall Java 1.3.1.

http://ooodocs.sourceforge.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=5394#5394

Note there are a couple of lines that appear to wrap and Terry clarifies them a few posts down.

Hope this helps,
Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1