I don't have a way to fully reproduce the hang test case in 2014.5. Since the problem file won't save, I don't have a way to test it. The best I could do was test a much earlier version, which didn't create problems.
Were you opening the file from the Recovery dialog in NeoOffice 3.4.1? If so, can you check if there are any files in your ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-3.0/user/backup? If so, can you copy them to another folder and open them in NeoOffice 2014.5?
I'm guessing there's some corruption in that particular file. I've copied and pasted the data (without formatting) into a new ods file, and that saved just fine.
You may be right but the "Edited" titlebar text problems make me think that you have found some bugs in Yosemite's 32 bit font handling code. Basically, there are two separate sets of code in Yosemite for most every function that NeoOffice uses: 64 bit and 32 bit. When you are using NeoOffice 3.4.1, Yosemite uses its 32 bit code to draw window titlebars and handle fonts. In contrast, when using NeoOffice 2014.5, Yosemite is using its newer 64 bit code.
I addition to validating your fonts, can you see if there are any duplicate fonts on your machine? To find and disable duplicate fonts, open the /Applications/Font Book application, select the "All Fonts" item in the list on the left of the Font Book window, and then select the Edit :: Look for Enabled Duplicates menu.
After doing the above, do you see any change when using NeoOffice 3.4.1?
Joined: Oct 24, 2005 Posts: 561 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:48 pm Post subject:
I still haven't seen the upside down Edited appear again, however I did run the checks from Font book and found about 27 damaged fonts. I removed them all and re-installed the Apple ones using Pacifist and the Yosemite installer app.
I re-ran the checks and no further issues were found.
Joined: Jun 20, 2006 Posts: 2051 Location: Midwest, USA
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:47 pm Post subject:
So this happened again in Neo 3.4.1 on my other machine (Majel). Saving worked fine, but the Edited was inverted.
When i followed your instructions to look for enabled duplicates, I was told there weren't any, but I had a slew of errors-mostly duplicates, a few table errors, one kerning error. I removed all but one of the damaged fonts. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if it happens again.
I'll try to look for the file from the last problem tomorrow, but I'm not on that machine right now.
All times are GMT - 7 Hours Goto page Previous1, 2
Page 2 of 2
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum