Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - More Wiki Thoughts...
More Wiki Thoughts...

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
jakeOSX wrote:
i see you are the town crier now, smokey, good, cuz i liked being the only oracle =)

Yeah, after some rather shameless self-plugging Wink.

Ciao,
Oscar

Hey, I just liked your phrase, just as liked the duck one Smile I never expected Ed to do as you suggested.

I guess it looks impolite now that he has, so I'll change the sig to something else, like the duck and what beverages he prefers.

Smokey

P.S. Jake, Schlesi is also an Oracle. You've only gotten rid of one of us Smile

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: And now on to the art part of the discussion...

jakeOSX wrote:
yes yes, i know you are suppose to illustrate in illustrator and photoshop in photoshop, but what if you are in photoshop and want to, you know, DRAW A LINE???

ok =) i feel better. i just miss macpaint.

(side note, open source illustrator program? anyone know one?)

JUST WANT TO DRAW A LINE!

Yeah, me too. The only thing worse than not being able to draw a line is having to switch back and forth between Photoshop and Illustrator while working on something!

jakeOSX wrote:
speaking of which, you know i've never used the drawing part of OO.o.

I've dabbled with it (including when making the art for the draw document icon--aside from the text documents, all the "art" for the background of the icon was generated in Neo/J). I suppose I'd use it more if OmniGraffle hadn't been included free on my PB; I use OG instead for most of my simple drawing needs.

As for other alternatives, there's Cenon, which seems to be free as in beer rather than in speech (Germans and their capitalization Wink) and not open-source at all. I tried both it and Illustrator when I was trying to create a nib to use for the stillborn/ill-fated Neo/J WordPerfect icon. But then I'm really just a graphics hack. Smile

Smokey

Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
hmm. who knows, i just started using the GIMP. and it has all the things about it that i didn't like about Photoshop too.

yes yes, i know you are suppose to illustrate in illustrator and photoshop in photoshop, but what if you are in photoshop and want to, you know, DRAW A LINE???

You are kidding us right? Or you are using a very old version of Photoshop?

The answer is: use the pen tool

Quote:

(side note, open source illustrator program? anyone know one?)

Inkscape - don't know if it has been ported to ppc yet though. Other SVG tools are out there.

Cheers

Tony
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject:

two oracles!!
ah well. if i HAVE to share

as for photoshop, i used 5.5 for PC last. yes, i was being a tad over-dramatic, but the basic point is true, for a program that powerful it is too difficult to simply draw.

i saw inkscape. yet another fink only port. *sigh*

found a java one, going to try it out. suppose i could break down and buy illustrator...
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3