Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta is released!
NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta is released!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta is released!

I just posted an article on the Trinity home page at http://trinity.neooffice.org/index.php.

Note that Neo/J 1.1 Beta uses the OpenOffice.org 1.1.3 code instead of the 1.1.2 code. So, I expect that a few bugs may appear due to this change.

I also want to thank Dan and Smokey for pulling together the new icons and splash screen. They really look cool!

Patrick
lga
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Yes, the new splashscreen looks good. I haven't had a good look at the icons yet.

I just filled the first little annoyance in bugzilla. Clipped text in the about Neo/J box.

Don't let that spoil your pleasure. This is a milestone. Now we are supposed to be up to date with the codebase. Very Happy

Great work. That and Poland's rejection of the software patents in EU really made my day, today.
MrGruff
Operator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Beta

Funky new icon bouncing in the dock and a surfing ship splash screen. Great! I haven't had a chance to do much with the beta yet but it seems more responsive (on 1MHz iBook - which I love slightly less than my wife and children - and only 256MB RAM).

Thanks guys.

Mr Gruff
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Beta

MrGruff wrote:
(on 1MHz iBook - which I love slightly less than my wife and children - and only 256MB RAM)

Yeah, imagine it. I am a single male, what can come close Smile.

No, seriously. Thanks so much, Patrick and Ed! And thanks, Poland!

Best wishes,
Oscar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Torrent file for Beta download?

Any chance of getting a torrent going for the download? (probably less stress on your download server and good for me to go on and off on my internet connection Smile ...)

Thanks much for this.
I'm a law student at UBC and use NeoOffice/J for all my office needs.
regds,
Hari
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm downloading, I'm downloading!

f.

(ps thank you for the work, as usually)
lga
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject:

McGruff wrote:

Funky new icon bouncing in the dock and a surfing ship splash screen. Great! I haven't had a chance to do much with the beta yet but it seems more responsive (on 1MHz iBook - which I love slightly less than my wife and children - and only 256MB RAM).

It *does* feel more responsive on my TiBook/400 (which I love somewhat (more than slightly) less than my wife and child), but I just went from 768 MB to 1GB RAM tonight and I throught it was for that reason.
sjolit
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject:

I was amazed to see all those languages supported and couldn't wait for all the downloads to finish. In addition of NeoOffice/J, I grabbed the first pack of languages, as it's said to include Lithuanian, and that's what I've always cared about. But then I ran into a problem that took the fun out of this update.

My System Preferences have Lithuanian followed by English (and that's all). After installing NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta I ran it, and got English menus. All good. But then I installed the NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Beta-Languages_da,sv,fi,et,lt,nb,nn.dmg, and now Neo is all German (I guess, as I barely know it).

I tried changing Locale within Neo's Options to Lithuanian, I clicked on "Get Info" on NeoOffice/J application icon and deselected all other languages but lt and en and en_US, I switched languages around in System Preferences, but all I can get is either German or back to English.

Maybe there's something I'm doing wrong that confuses Neo? Somehow it seems to remember that is has a Lithuanian dictionary and should be using it, which I put long time ago in its Contents/share/dict/. First I installed Neo Beta without uninstalling the old version, but then trashed everything before trying again, so it shouldn't remember anything... Or maybe it's just the new settings that it can pick up automatically because of System Preferences languages.

The good things I've seen so far after so many startups are very cool graphics and shorter time. Good work, guys! Thanks!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject:

I did a search through all of the resource files in the OOo 1.1.3 source code and I did not find a single Lithuanian entry!

Apparently, Sun added Lithuanian to the list of available languages in the OOo 1.1.3 make files, but they did not add any Lithuanian strings to any of the resource files.

Why you are seeing German is because when the OOo code does not find a string for your language, it displays the default language which is German (the primary language of Sun's OOo developers).

Sorry to break the bad news. Sad

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Torrent file for Beta download?

Anonymous wrote:
Any chance of getting a torrent going for the download? (probably less stress on your download server and good for me to go on and off on my internet connection Smile ...)

Thanks much for this.
I'm a law student at UBC and use NeoOffice/J for all my office needs.
regds,
Hari

What do we need to get this going? Before Ed always set things up and I just helped seed when I was on campus. I'm happy to seed for a while, since I'm home for the holidays on DSL, and I noticed the mirror I chose (planamesa.org) seemed slow.

If all I need to do is generate a .torrent from my Beta download and upload the .torrent, I can do that, too...but don't we need a tracker, too? I don't know much about BT.

Edit: Yeah, we need a tracker to even generate the torrent. Sad

Edit 2: I think I extracted the correct tracker info from Ed's torrent of the OOo 1.1.2 GM. Grab the torrent here and see if it works Smile If not, we'll have to wait for Ed.

Smokey

Last edited by sardisson on Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
sjolit
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Oh well... [sigh] At least now I know where the German was coming from.

Anyway, thanks for looking!
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Torrent file for Beta download?

sardisson wrote:
Edit 2: I think I extracted the correct tracker info from Ed's torrent of the OOo 1.1.2 GM. Grab the torrent here and see if it works Smile If not, we'll have to wait for Ed.

Yup, you got the trinity tracker URL correct. I can't connect due to my firewall config here, but I was able to verify that everything is pointing to the tracker just fine and that there's an active seeder.

I also mirrored the torrent file here too:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/torrents/NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Beta.torrent

It's just an alternate URL if for some reason thousands of people grabbing the 9K file hits against your .Mac limit Razz

Remember, if you download it from the torrent, keep your connection active for a bit so you can be a seeder too and help spread the bandwidth load!

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Also, don't forget that you don't have to download it from a torrent to be a seeder...if you want to help be one of the initial seeders and you've already downloaded the disk image from onen of the mirrors you can fire up your favorite BT client and point to that dimage as the download location and you should automatically become a seeder.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject:

sjolit wrote:
Oh well... [sigh] At least now I know where the German was coming from.

Anyway, thanks for looking!

You may want to try asking the Lithuanian OOo native language project about their support for localizing OOo into the language:

http://lt.openoffice.org/

Many times native language projects do their localizations but they don't get incorporated back into the main OpenOffice.org source code. If that is the case, it may be possible to build the translated version once we can find their sources. I looked through it briefly, but I wasn't able to understand too much being a silly American Wink

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Torrent file for Beta download?

OPENSTEP wrote:
Yup, you got the trinity tracker URL correct. I can't connect due to my firewall config here, but I was able to verify that everything is pointing to the tracker just fine and that there's an active seeder.

I also mirrored the torrent file here too:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/torrents/NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Beta.torrent

Thanks! ATM no one seems interested, but as I said, I'll keep seeding.

OPENSTEP wrote:
It's just an alternate URL if for some reason thousands of people grabbing the 9K file hits against your .Mac limit Razz

I certainly hope it doesn't hit the limit Smile The Neo/J screenshots for the wiki (and mentioned on www.neooffice.org, too--thanks again) and the preview image for the OOo screenshot, as well as the updated Neo/J globe image (128x128 version) and header in the wiki are all served from there, too. I'm not safe for /.ing Exclamation

Smokey
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5