· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - "Could not launch OpenOffice.org"
"Could not launch OpenOffice.org"

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron R.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: "Could not launch OpenOffice.org"

here is the "details"

/Users/rerattie/Library/Preferences/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/program/soffice:
/Users/rerattie/Library/Preferences/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/program/javaldx: Permission denied
/Users/rerattie/Library/Preferences/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/program/soffice.bin: Permission denied
exec: /Users/rerattie/Library/Preferences/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/program/soffice.bin: cannot execute: Undefined error: 0

Any ideas?

I'm running:
OS X 10.2.6 Server (all latest updates)
Apple X11.app .3
OOo 1.0.3
OOo starter 1.08b

I have never installed X11 on this system before today when I downloaded it and OOo. Installed X11 then OOo.

My user directory is on the boot volume. All apps are installed into the /Applications directory not in the /Users/rerattie/Applications directory is that a problem?

Thanks!
Ron R.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Hmm...never tried it on OS X server before.

This seems to be either a symlink or a permissions problem. Can you check to make sure that you have a symlink from

~/Library/Preferences/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/program

to

/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/program

If that symlink isn't there (symbolic link) then this may be some of the problems you're having.

Also...did you install from the account where you're trying to use it, or from a different account? Some of these errors seem to be permissions errors, almost like the execute bit isn't set properly on the files. You may want to chmod 766 those files that it seems to be complaining about.

ed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Thanks!!! That did the trick!! You rock! Very Happy Very Happy
ron.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: symlinks ~/Library/Preferences/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/

just a quick note about those symlinks:

there should be 3 entries in ~/Library/Preferences/OpenOffice.org1.0.3
program*
soffice*
user
* those symlinks must be valid.

once i reinstalled OpenOffice.org these links were garbled and i messed around with creating aliases from Finder - but it didn´t work. Shocked

so finally i created *symlinks* (after reading this thread, thanks to ed) using the Terminal:

ln -s [sourcepath]/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/program/soffice ~/Library/Preferences/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/soffice

ln -s [sourcepath]/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/program ~/Library/Preferences/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/program

i did not have to chmod those symlinks

so Start OpenOffice.org is working fine again Cool
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1