Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Is there a plan to move to 1.1.4 codebase?
Is there a plan to move to 1.1.4 codebase?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lga
Sentinel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Is there a plan to move to 1.1.4 codebase?

I just had a look on OpenOffice.org and thay released 1.1.4 a few days ago.

Looking at the release notes, it looks like most of the differences between 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 impact non-specific code. Most of them actually concern Word compatibility and I think this is very important.

Do you plan to move to the 1.1.4 codebase at this point? Have you even had time to look at it? I realize you may have other plans for tonight and tomorrow and maybe the whole of next week, so no hurry and Merry Christmas to you all.

Me I'm going to burn a NeoJ beta and wrap it and put it under the tree Smile

Lga.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a plan to move to 1.1.4 codebase?

lga wrote:
I just had a look on OpenOffice.org and thay released 1.1.4 a few days ago.

Looking at the release notes, it looks like most of the differences between 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 impact non-specific code. Most of them actually concern Word compatibility and I think this is very important.

Do you plan to move to the 1.1.4 codebase at this point? Have you even had time to look at it? I realize you may have other plans for tonight and tomorrow and maybe the whole of next week, so no hurry and Merry Christmas to you all.

I also saw that yesterday. I am thinking of using the OOo 1.1.4 for the Neo/J 1.1 final release which, if there aren't too many bugs in Neo/J 1.1 Beta, will probably happen in late January or early February.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject:

This will be a good development if it is possible. New bugs aside, it would be nice if Neo/J could stay relatively up to date--time and resources permitting, of course Smile

I also see from Pavel's blog that 1.1.5 could likely contain the support for the OASIS/OOo2.0 document formats, and it would be good to have those in a 1.1.x release of Neo/J (for cross-platform compatability, etc.) before beginning the long road to 2.0, Alphas, etc.

Pavel's diary: OpenOffice.org 1.1.4 released! wrote:
We expect 1.1.5 to be released with support for new OpenDocument file format of the upcoming OpenOffice.org 2.0....
http://blog.janik.cz/archives/2004-12-22T21_50_25.html

Smokey

Last edited by sardisson on Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waldo
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Wow, if we have to wait for 1.1.5 to have compatibility with 2.0 files, I think it would be worth waiting. I suspect-- and this is just a guess, so tell me if I'm wrong, guys-- that Neo/J 2.0 is quite a way's off, which means we'll be relying on the 1.x versions to carry us for a while... So hopefully we'll at least be file compatible with 2.0...

Make sense?

W

sardisson wrote:
This will be a good development if it is possible. New bugs aside, it would be nice if Neo/J could stay relatively up to date--time and resources permitting, of course Smile

I also see from Pavel's blog that 1.1.5 could likely contain the support for the OASIS/OOo2.0 document formats, and it would be good to have those in a 1.1 release of Neo/J (for cross-platform compatability, etc.) before beginning the long road to 2.0, Alphas, etc.

Pavel's diary: OpenOffice.org 1.1.4 released! wrote:
We expect 1.1.5 to be released with support for new OpenDocument file format of the upcoming OpenOffice.org 2.0....
http://blog.janik.cz/archives/2004-12-22T21_50_25.html

Smokey
fa
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Current NeoJ CVS is using the 1.1.4 tag, FWIW.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1