Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - problem scaling images in proportion
problem scaling images in proportion

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adjustment
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: problem scaling images in proportion

Hello there,

I hope this isn't my stupidity in not doing something simple but when I add photos to my text and wish to adjust their size and keep them in scale, it doesn't seem to work. I am doing this with the arrows and selected 'keep scale' but it doesn't seem to change anything. Is this possible? Thanks for your help!
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure what steps you are doing to achieve your result. The easy way of doing this is to hold down the shift key and drag the borders of the picture. Holding the shift key constrains the picture to keep scale.

I think the 'Keep Scale' button that you can access when you Ctrl-click the picture or choose Format::Picture… and then select the Crop tab performs a different function. Have a look at the Crop entry in Help (or click the Help button in the Picture… dialog.[/list]
adjustment
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject:

Thank you for confirming my stupidity. Very simple. Problem solved.
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject:

Good, no problem.

Not knowing is not stupid, and it is easily cured - do feel free to ask on this forum if you have other questions. I mostly find that a search on the forum and NeoWiki will answer the questions that I can't answer from Help or the User Guide. After that I start Googliing the problem in OpenOffice as it has a common codebase with NeoOffice, and a larger user base.

(I don't know if you are new to Macs generally, but holding down the shift key to constrain image resizing seems to be a standard thing on Macs.)
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1