· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Installing NeoOffice Macros for multiple users
Installing NeoOffice Macros for multiple users

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darbycrash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Installing NeoOffice Macros for multiple users

Does anyone know a good way to transfer NeoOffice macro between users? I'm trying to create a more efficient way to install macros for network systems, most of which have multiple users. Currently I have to reinstall the same macros for each user account which is a rather large waste of time. I tried copying the NeoOffice folder that is located in the in the Users folder for one account that was already setup correcty into an account that wasn't setup. This procedure transferred the buttons and keyboard shortcuts that I had setup for these macros, but the macros themselves were absent. Does anyone have any ideas?
bezvardis
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject:

might be an 'uninformed guess' but how about copying some things inside neoOffice package? I guess macros are stored somewhere there...
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Installing NeoOffice Macros for multiple users

The macros for a particular installation live in the folder ~/Library/NeoOfficeJ-1.1/user/basic (where ~ is the name of the user account you're logged into). there are 2 files in there called dialog.xlc & script.xlc which both have 'absolute' path references in them - to where the Neo/J application itself is, but also to where this /basic folder is. Since the basic folder's path includes the user name, after you copy the folder to a new user, to make macros work you need to edit these .xlc files to change the user name to that of the account you've just installed Neo/J into on the network. You can do this in TextEdit as long as you make sure you edit as plain text. Just do a search and replace for the user name.

This is probably the simplest way to go about it if you have lots of macros in different libraries, as they'll all be in that folder. If you only have a set of macros in the main standard module, you could just copy them and paste them into a plain text file, and then copy/paste them into the new installation's main standard module after you've installed it. But I prefer the above solution, because as you're doing this a lot of times, you can write a nice little perl script (or whatever) that will bring a copy of the original /basic folder over the network and then edit the .xlc files to insert the local user's name in place of the original one (tho' there's probably some fiddling around with permissions to be done here too).

- yoxi
darbycrash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing NeoOffice Macros for multiple users

Thanks yoxi, you filled in the missing pieces for me. I never thought that the user name is what was preventing the macros in that Library folder from working on a new install. I'll be giving this a shot on my next round of setups. Thanks a lot.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1