Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Change number of recent files in File menu
Change number of recent files in File menu

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GibHenry
Councilperson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Change number of recent files in File menu

Some clever devil can probably tell me how to increase/change the number of recent files maintained at the bottom of the File menu, right? I can't find a way to change it in Tools/Configure or Tools/Options, and a search hasn't turned up any discussion of it on the fora. Cheers,
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Get RecentFilesListChanger by Danny Brewer at
http://www.ooomacros.org/user.php

Al
GibHenry
Councilperson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Change number of recent files in File menu

GibHenry wrote:
Some clever devil can probably tell me how to increase/change the number of recent files maintained at the bottom of the File menu....

amaloney wrote:
Get RecentFilesListChanger by Danny Brewer at
http://www.ooomacros.org/user.php

Told you so! Thanks. Cheers,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Hi

I tried the solution posted above, but it doesn't appear to do anything. The macros seem to be targeting a file at "/org.openoffice.Office.Common/History", which may be specific to an OOo installation, but I can't find a file anywhere on my hard drive that matches this kind of path definition.

Anyone know what's going on? Or is there an alternative way to clear the recent file list in NeoOffice/J ?

Thanks for a great product, and thanks in advance for any assistance.

Alan Hart
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure if I have the most current version of that util, but in the version I have, you must quit and restart Neo/J for the changes to take affect.

/org.openoffice.Office.Common/History sounds like the name of one of the config files in your ~/Library/NeoOfficeJ-1.1 folder....

Edit: Hmm, indeed, the latest version refuses to *clear* the recent file list, but it does properly change the number of items listed. In fact, neither does the old one. Given that they were both last updated in 2003, it's not impossible that Sun changed the location of the "listing of recent files" (but not the location of the "number of files to list" sometime between 1.1.0 and 1.1.4 (Neo/J 1.1 RC = OOo 1.1.4).

Edit 2: That part doesn't work in OOo 1.1.2, either (newest version of the macro). You might contact the author and let him know it's broken.

Smokey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
I'm not sure if I have the most current version of that util, but in the version I have, you must quit and restart Neo/J for the changes to take affect.

Right. It's probably only read at launch time.

Quote:
/org.openoffice.Office.Common/History sounds like the name of one of the config files in your ~/Library/NeoOfficeJ-1.1 folder....

If it is I can't see it. I've tried searches for 'Common' and 'History' across my entire hard drive and not found anything that matches. I think there must be some sort of mapping going on to a different file.

Quote:
Edit: Hmm, indeed, the latest version refuses to *clear* the recent file list, but it does properly change the number of items listed. In fact, neither does the old one. Given that they were both last updated in 2003, it's not impossible that Sun changed the location of the "listing of recent files" (but not the location of the "number of files to list" sometime between 1.1.0 and 1.1.4 (Neo/J 1.1 RC = OOo 1.1.4).

The clear macro tries to do the job by setting the History properties back to defaults. I wonder if the behaviour of this function has altered in OOo and doesn't now clear the list? A workround is to set the list size to zero and then set it back to the previous length. That seems to clear the list. I'll try adjusting the Clear macro to do this in one step

Quote:
Edit 2: That part doesn't work in OOo 1.1.2, either (newest version of the macro). You might contact the author and let him know it's broken.

Smokey
Thanks for your investigations, Smokey. You've been very helpful. Very Happy I've emailed Danny Brewer, though his address may have changed since 2003 as well Confused

Alan Hart
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for your investigations, Smokey. You've been very helpful. Very Happy I've emailed Danny Brewer, though his address may have changed since 2003 as well Confused

Well, look on the bright side. If you want to get rid of the history, all you have to do is load as many document as you have space for in your history. All the rest will be gone. Not too hard. I for one was perfectly happy that it did the hard part, which was changing the number of files in that history. The rest was... transient..

Oz

AlanH
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Well, look on the bright side. If you want to get rid of the history, all you have to do is load as many document as you have space for in your history. All the rest will be gone. Not too hard. I for one was perfectly happy that it did the hard part, which was changing the number of files in that history. The rest was... transient..

Oz

(Was 'anonymous', now registered)

I agree Very Happy I was asking on behalf of a friend, and I'm still not sure what his hang-up is.

-- Alan
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject:

AlanH wrote:
Quote:

If it is I can't see it. I've tried searches for 'Common' and 'History' across my entire hard drive and not found anything that matches. I think there must be some sort of mapping going on to a different file.

I have org.openoffice.Common.dat in my ~/Library/NeoOfficeJ-1.1/user/registry/cache folder, so that's what I was thinking of....

AlanH wrote:

Glad to be of help. If the email doesn't work, Danny Brewer is known to hang out at http://www.oooforum.org.

Smokey

Last edited by sardisson on Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlanH
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
[I have org.openoffice.Common.dat in my ~/Library/NeoOfficeJ-1.1/user/registry/cache folder, so that's what I was thinking of....
Yes, I found that file eventually. Not a very friendly Mac-like XML property list, is it Wink Maybe I'd better start learning the scripting API for NeoOffice/J.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1