Changing the exterior color of the main window

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject:

fa wrote:
We need to agree on some colors here. I'm assuming that #E8E8E8 is what the current consensus for the window background color is?

This is not an issue. I didn't use Dan's patch because it hard codes the colors. While this is necessary on many Linux window managers, Mac OS X does allow the user to change some color preferences in the System Preferences application. So, using OOo's Windows code, I implemented querying of the user's preferred background, text, highlight, and highlight text colors.

The idea here is instead of guessing what the best color is, Neo/J now uses the exact colors that the user has set in the System Preferences application just like other Mac OS X applications.

My color implement is included in Neo/J 1.1 RC "Patch-1" which I just released this morning. You can download the patch from here:

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/patch.php

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject:

fa wrote:
Then, in the hex editor, I would jump to file offset 0x1858 and be reasonably sure that I was inside the QTMLGrabMutex() function. I dont' just want to search for "C0C0C0" because that could be valid code and if changed, would crash Neo.

Now, I'm actually just winging it here, so if anyone _knows_ that this is wrong, please correct me. If not, the procedure here should work for you to find the exact C0C0C0 string you want to change to affect the window color in NeoOffice.

BTW, this little binary hack will have no effect in Neo/J 1.1 "Patch-1" since Dan's hack only changes the default colors and Neo/J overrides these colors with whatever colors are set in the System Preferences.

Patrick
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject:

[/quote]

BTW, this little binary hack will have no effect in Neo/J 1.1 "Patch-1" since Dan's hack only changes the default colors and Neo/J overrides these colors with whatever colors are set in the System Preferences.

Patrick[/quote]

Now remind me where I set the colours in system preferences 'Confused'

Peter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject:

From the menu go to the Tools>Options>Appearance>Colors or close to that. I don't have 'Appearance' in ver. 0.7

HTH
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject:

aussie149 wrote:

Open the "/Applications/System Preferences" application and click on "General".

Patrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject:

Ooops... The mind is definately going.

In OS X, click on the Apple icon in the menu and select Systems Preferences, then 'General' I think. That stuff is in there in Jag and still there in Panther I believe.
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
aussie149 wrote:

Open the "/Applications/System Preferences" application and click on "General".

Patrick

Sorry, I'm still not with you, Patrick. I'm in panther. There is no "general". there is "apearance", but I can't see what to alter there.

Peter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject:

Sorry Pat, I seem to have confused Pete.

Peter, You don't do this part in NOJ, you do this in the Mac OS X Finder, well actually, anything in OS X as the Apple icon is always avaialble. Click on it and then scroll a line or 2 down to System Preferences. let go and System Preference pane should open up. Go to the pref pane that says 'General' click or double-click on that and the text colors, and highlight choices should come up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Guest wrote:
Sorry Pat, I seem to have confused Pete.

Peter, You don't do this part in NOJ, you do this in the Mac OS X Finder, well actually, anything in OS X as the Apple icon is always avaialble. Click on it and then scroll a line or 2 down to System Preferences. let go and System Preference pane should open up. Go to the pref pane that says 'General' click or double-click on that and the text colors, and highlight choices should come up.

Thanks for your help, but I am afraid I've tried to find it that way. However, that selection is not available in 10.3. You get "Appearance", not "General", and there are no such choices, just menu colour choices like "Blue" and "Graphite".

Peter
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject:

There is definitely no "General" pane in Panther System Preferences, nor detailed color settings in "Appearance".

Patrick, what are exactly the system domain/properties/preferences you are using for setting NeoJ?
If they are still present in Panther, It might be a good choice to keep your current code and add an external applet to set them. Maybe a custom preference pane. I doubt they are, though.

Max
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject:

Max_Barel wrote:
There is definitely no "General" pane in Panther System Preferences, nor detailed color settings in "Appearance".

I couldn't find them either. On the plus side, I took a screenshot and plucked the colour from that: #DEDEDE. That is on an unmodified (when it comes to colour settings) Panther.

I had to check because Brett's NeoIconer had left me with slightly off-colour set of icons. All fixed now, and very pretty..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Max_Barel wrote:

I couldn't find them either. On the plus side, I took a screenshot and plucked the colour from that: #DEDEDE. That is on an unmodified (when it comes to colour settings) Panther.

I found the same #DEDEDE. I must say it's just a little too grey for me - although 100% on the original darker grey that we had a few weeks ago

PS re the Foster's to our US Guest: we make much better beers than that: Foster's is our Schlitz: wet air. Cooper's Pale Ale would be revelation to you, if you're prepared to drink Foster's. 'Smile'
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: icon set to try

If you go to my GeoCities website at http://geocities.com/ovvldc/, you can find my own toolbar set in an archive for use with Neo-Iconer 0.7 (thanks again, Brett), and a screenshot of how Neo/J looks with the new patch.

Feel free to use/edit/rip/improve on and share again.

Best wishes,
Oscar
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: icon set to try

ovvldc wrote:
If you go to my GeoCities website at http://geocities.com/ovvldc/, you can find my own toolbar set in an archive for use with Neo-Iconer 0.7 (thanks again, Brett)...

Hey, Oscar - there's a wee bug in your config.tcl file - needs the semicolon in
Code:
set bg       "#DEDEDE"; # Native light grey for Panther

- yoxi
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: icon set to try

yoxi wrote:
Hey, Oscar - there's a wee bug in your config.tcl file - needs the semicolon in
Code:
set bg       "#DEDEDE"; # Native light grey for Panther

Thanks, Yoxi! Fixed it and uploaded the repaired file, so anyone who got Brett's script to work shouldn't have any problems with this.

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7