Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Install Spanish dictionary for spellcheck
Install Spanish dictionary for spellcheck

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mapache
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Install Spanish dictionary for spellcheck

I have not figured out if this can be done, or how. The documentation implies that is can be done. Any help would be appreciated.

No he logrado verificar si se puede verificar la ortografia con un diccionario espanol. Agraderceria cualquier ayuda.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Install Spanish dictionary for spellcheck

mapache wrote:
I have not figured out if this can be done, or how. The documentation implies that is can be done. Any help would be appreciated.

No he logrado verificar si se puede verificar la ortografia con un diccionario espanol. Agraderceria cualquier ayuda.

Go to File -> Autopilot -> Install dictionaries. This will start the OODictionary macro. With it, you can download the latest ones and install them automatically.

It should work easily.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Thnanks very much. I did as you instructed and it worked. If you are feeling charitable, perhaps you can help with the next question:

I selected the Spanish Dict. to check a column of translations, but it switches back to the default English dictionary after each word. Is this a bug, or have I misunderstood the cryptic directions?

Also, while the SP dictionary now works for the spreadsheet, when I tried to spellcheck a Spanish doc. in the word processor, it would only do so in English...Should I download yet another copy in the word Processing program?

Sorry to be so lame about all of this. I'm new to OO, and after hours trying to get that to work, I gave up and loaded NeoOffice, which installed quickly and easily.

ciao,
Mapache [SP for Racoon]
mapache
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: multiple dictionary downloads

According to the wizard for dictionary loads, by holding down Control, one can select several dictionaries at a time. This does not seem to work, at least for me. Has anyone else had issues with this feature?

Gracias,
Mapace
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: multiple dictionary downloads

mapache wrote:
According to the wizard for dictionary loads, by holding down Control, one can select several dictionaries at a time. This does not seem to work, at least for me. Has anyone else had issues with this feature?

Gracias,
Mapace

¡Ola!

You need to change the text to Spanish, if you haven't already.
Go to Layout -> Character. See the Font tab. Select your language and close.

Good luck.

sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject:

See

http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/Activating_Dictionaries

Two other points:

Anything that references "Control" is most likely "Command" on Mac OS X

You will need to set the language of your text to the appropriate Spanish version for the spell-checker to work in Spanish, since from the specific issues in your posts it seems like your System language is not set as Spanish. (Look up "languages; documents" in the Neo/J help.)

Hope this helps.

Smokey

Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Many thanks to both of you. I had suspected that the help text was written with PCs in mind, and that I really ought to change the language, but being brand spanking new to the app, I thought it best to wait for the experts before getting more frustrado.

I really am grateful for the promptness of the help, and the fact that it's written in clear English!

Saludos para los dos,
Mapache

PS- You guys saved me hours of stumbling around...If you ever need help with translations to foreign languages, please stop by forum.wordreference.com. I'm a moderator there, and will do anything I can to repay your kindness.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject:

mapache wrote:
PS- You guys saved me hours of stumbling around...If you ever need help with translations to foreign languages, please stop by forum.wordreference.com. I'm a moderator there, and will do anything I can to repay your kindness.

Wink

We're currently working on gettings things ready for a major "press" initiative once the final version of 1.1 is released: http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/NeoOffice/J_1.1_Announcement

I'm not familiar with any other Spanish-speakers who are "regulars" here on trinity, so if you would be willing to translate our draft release into Spanish (it will continue to be revised probably up until release time, so it's not imperative to do the translation now), and if you know any Spanish-language Mac sites we should send the release to (see the bottom section of http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/NeoOffice/J_Advocacy), either/both would be helpful.

Eventually we'd like to have our entire wiki translated into multiple languages (like wikipedia does), but we're not quite ready for that project yet....

Gracias!
Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject:

mapache wrote:

Would you be willing to translate the Neo/J download (http://www.planamesa.com/neojava pages to español? Conozco hablar y leer español, pero no uso mucho el idioma. Así que, mis traducciones a español no son muy bienes.

To translate the web pages, send me an e-mail at patrick dot luby at planamesa dot com and I will send you the HTML files.

Patrick
mapache
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
mapache wrote:

Wink

We're currently working on gettings things ready for a major "press" initiative once the final version of 1.1 is released: http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/NeoOffice/J_1.1_Announcement

I'm not familiar with any other Spanish-speakers who are "regulars" here on trinity, so if you would be willing to translate our draft release into Spanish (it will continue to be revised probably up until release time, so it's not imperative to do the translation now), and if you know any Spanish-language Mac sites we should send the release to (see the bottom section of http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/NeoOffice/J_Advocacy), either/both would be helpful.

Eventually we'd like to have our entire wiki translated into multiple languages (like wikipedia does), but we're not quite ready for that project yet....

Gracias!
Smokey

I'll do what I can to help. Give me a few days to use the software and get familiar with it. I need to get to know the site you cite also. For specific translation needs, either send me a PM [private message] at the WordReference forums... I'm Cuchuflete in that world, or e-mail to mmmapache at yahoo dot com

Thanks again Smokey,
Mapache
mapache
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
mapache wrote:

Would you be willing to translate the Neo/J download (http://www.planamesa.com/neojava pages to español? Conozco hablar y leer español, pero no uso mucho el idioma. Así que, mis traducciones a español no son muy bienes.

To translate the web pages, send me an e-mail at patrick dot luby at planamesa dot com and I will send you the HTML files.

Patrick

Hola Patrick,

I'm tempted to say yes, but let me read it first! As I'm starting, as of today, to use the NeoOJ software, it only seems fair to support the effort.
I hate bad documentation, and the fact that I had to come here for help--which was quick and good!-- tells me that the documentation/help facilities are not all they might be. So, I guess that means I'm willing to do more than complain... You can reach me as described in the prior post.

Te agradezco la colaboración tan amena,
Mapache[/b][/i]
mapache
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: translations

Ok, I've looked at the sites you guys mentioned. Just tell me how to proceed.

The easiest way for me is to receive a .txt or OO file or even "word" file, and I'll add the translation and send it back to you.

If you prefer some other method, please let me know.

Thanks again
Gracias de nuevo,
Mapache
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1