Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Custom colors and other settings gone
Custom colors and other settings gone

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heretic42
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Custom colors and other settings gone

Hi, all.

I had created some colors in Tools -> Options -> Colors, and I also had a document that had non-standard page margins set. I discovered tonight that my colors were gone from the palette and that the page margins in all my documents had been reset to the default. I am using NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate Patch 3. To be honest, though, I'm not sure if this change happened after the installation of Patch 3. It might have happened after the upgrade to 1.1. Is this a known issue that I should have been aware of? If so, can somebody tell me how to prevent this when applying future patches or upgrades? Is it enough to backup my user folder before applying a new patch or upgrade, then move it back into place? Thanks for any insight you can offer!

--
Michele
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Custom colors and other settings gone

heretic42 wrote:
I had created some colors in Tools -> Options -> Colors, and I also had a document that had non-standard page margins set. I discovered tonight that my colors were gone from the palette and that the page margins in all my documents had been reset to the default. I am using NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate Patch 3. To be honest, though, I'm not sure if this change happened after the installation of Patch 3.

Hi Michelle,

Perhaps your default template is somehow no longer used as the default. In that case, reinstating that document as the default template might help. I haven't observed this, so this is theoretical.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject:

I rememebr changing some colors in the colors pallette also using the "add" option and having them revert back to defaults after relauncing Neo/J. I was using an older version though when I did this. If you want to make permant changes you have to go edit the .dyls directly (one place fo rexample) which can be disatrous if one doesn't know what they're doing.

I agree with above that your "template" document got hosed or misplaced and I also think it has something to do with the patch you applied as I believe they replace things (a lib for example with an updated one that is the new "default" etc. overiding any mods you had made). Only way to tell fo sure is to repeat what you did before (change colors and recreate your templte document) and see if it happens again which would rule out the patch causing it.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject:

Oh, I meant to include a link to this thread for a more detailed discussion of changing colors, etc.

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1232
heretic42
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Thank You

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate the help. I think I've been set on the right track here. Figuring out why it happened isn't as important to me as making sure it doesn't happen again. Seems to me like I need to more thoroughly investigate the creation and saving of customized templates for various documents, rather than just making my changes to the default and risking them getting overwritten. I've been playing with this all morning, and it's been pretty interesting.

I am still a little distressed about the color thing but will read up on the additional documentation I was pointed to and see what I can figure out. Thanks again.

-- Michele
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1