Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Cannot type capital letters with carone or acute
Cannot type capital letters with carone or acute

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fipa
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Cannot type capital letters with carone or acute

Hi,

I have found a serious bug in OpenOffice.org (1.9.110)/NeoOffice/J (1.1final) under MacOS X Tiger (10.4.1). I cannot type capital letters with carone or acute.

This problem is only in Tiger.

Can you confirm this? Is it problem in OO.o/Neo or in Tiger?

Have a nice day,

Filip Molcan
-- mylinux.cz
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject:

I write in French with NeoOffice/J on Tiger and I have no problem to type either ç or à.
Try to use another font.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject:

IIRC, ericb noted problems with typing accents and other characters with OOo 1.9.xxx and 10.4.

I don't have any problems typing capitals with acutes or carons in Neo/J on 10.3.9, so I don't think it's a Neo/J problem. The accents are sometimes "cut off" initially on capital letters--in Neo and OOo--so hit a return or change font size up and down to force a redraw just to be sure....

Smokey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject:

I have this problem on Mac OS for a long time.

* When I use the Caps Lock key, any accents I type (acute, grave, tilde, umlaut, etc.) will appear "alone", before, not above the letter.

* When not using Caps Lock, I type the accent (like option+e) and then I type the letter with the Shift key pressed. It works OK.

So, I think this is a Mac OS X bug. I don't recall when I started to have this kind of problem, but I got sooo used to not using the Caps Lock key that I forgot to report the bug to Apple.

I use Mac OS X 10.3.9 on a Powerbook G4 400MHz. And I'm thinking about trying NeoOffice/J... Smile

_iCeb0x_
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject:

_iCeb0x_ wrote:
I have this problem on Mac OS for a long time.

* When I use the Caps Lock key, any accents I type (acute, grave, tilde, umlaut, etc.) will appear "alone", before, not above the letter.

Er, that is an annoying bug. It happens in Stickies, too, so it's definitely a Mac OS X one. I'm surprised Apple didn't hear all the non-American Mac users screaming bloody murder about this.... I'm pretty sure that used to work under OS 9....

_iCeb0x_ wrote:
I use Mac OS X 10.3.9 on a Powerbook G4 400MHz. And I'm thinking about trying NeoOffice/J... Smile

Welcome!

Also, fipa, can you be more detailed about what doesn't work right when typing your acutes and carons?

Smokey

Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I don't have this problem on 10.3.9, it is only problem in Tiger, so I think that it is a problem of Tiger, but I am looking for a solution Wink.

The key which represents carone/acute doesn't work at all, nothing happens when I type it...

We had some troubles in Apple's X11 in Panther too, but we have our special keyboard layots and with them, it works, in Tiger, there seems to be something new around this Sad.

In other applications, there is no problem, only in OO.o (X11) and NeoOffice/J Sad.

Have a nice day,

Filip Molcan
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I am not able to make capital 'ç' but 'À' works perfectly either with NO/J or TextEdit or Camino.
fipa
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject:

OK.

We are working on this - Eric Bachard has some ideas how to fix it in OO.o and my friend Adam Nohejl is trying to prepare another keyboard layot, which could fix this problem...

Filip
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1