Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Help saving Table toolbar as a default for Writer
Help saving Table toolbar as a default for Writer

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donssword
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Help saving Table toolbar as a default for Writer

I am trying to figure out how to make the Table toolbar appear for all Writer documents, both creating new documents and opening existing ones.

I create a lot of tables to display info in Writer, and I would like the Table Toolbar to be a default toolbar, along with the Standard and Formatting Toolbars that already appear in every Writer document.

I can make it appear in an active document, but I can't seem to make it a default toolbar that appears whenever I create a new document.

Thanks for making and maintaining NeoOffice. Keep up the great work!!!
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:

This I don't know. OOo (and by extension, Neo) try to be "helpful" and display toolbars only when they're applicable. This is a question that has come up in the past. If you manage to find a solution, please let us know. You may want try some of the other online OOo communities that exist like http://www.oooforum.org to seek answers.

ed
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject:

I tried to find a way to do this, but I couldn't find any.

However, I noticed that when placing the cursor in a table, the toolbar would appear below the two default toolbars (I had docked the toolbar beforehand).

If you only need some elements of the toolbar before you create the table, then you can go to View > Toolbar > Customize, select the "Toolbars" tab, choose "Standard" from the drop-down menu, then go to the end (bottom) of the toolbar (which should be "What's This?"), and highlight it. Choose Modify > Begin a Group, and then add the items you need to the standard toolbar (with Add...). They will appear in the standard toolbar, for all documents (or should). There's no need to add all the Table toolbar's items, only the ones you need before you create the table, since the table toolbar will show up when you place the cursor in a table.
donssword
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Yup -- the Table Toolbar will automatically appear when inserting the cursor into a Table, but the repeated appearance and disappearance of Toolbars is fairly disorienting. And, on a Mac Mini, it is just not particulalry responsive -- though still more responsive that MS Word Wink
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1