Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - iListen compatible with NeoOffice?
iListen compatible with NeoOffice?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philly_Transplant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: iListen compatible with NeoOffice?

Have you guys ran a voice recognition software with Neo Office? If so, what are the results? Thanks

-jt
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject:

This bug pretty much tells the story (at least from the iListen devs' point-of-view), to the extent we know. Sad

Smokey

Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: It works with the new NOJ patch

If you read the last couple of posts to that thread you'll see the problem is with Java. If you'd download and install the new patch, you'll find that iListen will work with NeoOffice. In fact, I am dictating this message through iListen with NeoOffice running in the background!

Joe
bbjonz
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Not Working after installing PP1.6.2

I just installed pp 1.6.2 and now iListen won't work with NOJ. Any thoughts? Should I file a bug or is this a java issue that Patrick already knows?

Thanks in advance.

Joe
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject:

Since you're the only person (I think) using iListen with Neo/J, I'd file a bug. I think Patrick is painfully aware (given the torrent of new "this just broke" bugs Smile) that these last few patch iterations have caused regressions in earlier Performance Test Patch fixes, but probably not the specific issue.

If you happen to know in which patch transition it broke (1.5 to 1.6, 1.6.1 to 1.6.2, etc.), that's probably even better....

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject:

Please realize, however, that if you file a bug, I won't work on it because I don't have iListen and iListen costs real money so I have no way to reproduce and debug any iListen problems.

Patrick[/img]
bbjonz
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Understood

Hi Patrick,

Understood. I don't expect you to go chasing down this bug. I'll wait until the next PP to see if that fixes the problem. It worked with PP 1.4 and 1.5 then stopped working when I installed PP 1.6.2. Much to my chagrin, I had to use another vastly inferior but overpriced office product for my dictation.

If it helps, it's a 1.25Ghz G4, 786MB Ram running Tiger (10.4.2--I think). I upgraded that machine to Tiger last week but I'm pretty certain that iListen worked in NOJ after the upgrade. I can check that on my work machine--a 1.8Mhz G5 with Tiger.

Joe
bbjonz
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Works with PP 1.7

Thanks Patrick,

Performance patch 1.7 did the trick. Keep up the the work!

Joe
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Please realize, however, that if you file a bug, I won't work on it because I don't have iListen and iListen costs real money so I have no way to reproduce and debug any iListen problems.

Er, yeah, I was trying to express that and failing miserably at 4 in the morning Smile That's why I added the bit about knowing between which patches it broke, so that Patrick might at least be able to look at what code changed and make a guess once the volume of bugs decreases....

Anyway, good to see that whatever it was got fixed as part of the Test Patch-1.7 bugfixes Smile

Smokey

Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: And I meant...

...keep up the GOOD work! I dictated that phrase but iListen apparently missed the "good" and I didn't check it.

Thanks again, Patrick.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: And I meant...

bbjonz wrote:
Thanks again, Patrick.

No problem. However, I must admit that I have no idea why Performance Test Patch 1.7 fixed the problem. Maybe the Cocoa thread contention bugs were the cause, but who knows?

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1