· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Not using the .App for oo.ox11 2.0RC3
Not using the .App for oo.ox11 2.0RC3

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Not using the .App for oo.ox11 2.0RC3

This is for oo.oX11 2.0RC3

THIS HAS NOT BEEN THOROUGHLY TESTED
THIS HAS NOT BEEN THOROUGHLY TESTED

this means me, just me, one computer, one set up, so take this as you will.

I know there was some concern about the .app. both with the fondu calls and the X11 part (seems for some people it is not opening X11 as it should)

I ran 2.0 without the app using Start OpenOffice.org. used it all last night, and aside from the quirkness of 2.0, it seems to work fine. here's how i did it.

I downloaded the .app file from oo.o. I mounted the dmg, but instead of copying the .app to my harddrive i right clicked and did 'see package contents'

inside the .app you will find a folder named "openoffice.org2.0" (there is one also called "openoffice.org" but ignore this, it is a linK) I dragged this folder to my applications folder.

I used the info in the wiki (found here Using start OpenOffice.org with 2.0 with slight modification. Inside of the .sversionrc file, instead of

Code:
OpenOffice.org 2.0=file:///Applications/OpenOffice.org2.0.app/Contents/openoffice.org/

i put:

Code:
OpenOffice.org 2.0=file:///Applications/OpenOffice.org2.0/

Then when i started Start OpenOffice.org, I set it up to open 2.0 instead of 1.0.3 (ok, it had been a while since I used it)

oo.oX11 2.0RC3 opened fine all night. I used it to write. I did drag and drop openings with start openoffice.org and it worked as well.

I did not try any of the font conversions, however. I know this requires fondu, but i am not sure how to go about it (i know you can drop the fonts onto start openoffice.org if fondu is installed...)

What does this do?

Well, first, the auto-conversion of the fonts via the .app calling fondu was removed (since i never ran the .app. if you run the .app it will do this conversion). Also, It allowed me to use start openoffice.org, which i have very high opinions of.

Just thought I would pass this on to everyone.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1