· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - error when launching neoffice/j 1.1
error when launching neoffice/j 1.1

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickgoonie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: error when launching neoffice/j 1.1

I get this error message when trying to run neoffice/j 1.1. Running MACOSZ 10.4 on a g5:

Couldn't create mandatory com.sun.start.officeOffice Wrapper Service!

any ideas??? thanks...
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Are you seeing this in a log file or are you seeing this in a dialog window?

Patrick
slickgoonie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject:

dialog window
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject:

This error occurs when the following file is missing, corrupted, or otherwise unreadable:

/Applications/NeoOfficeJ.app/Contents/MacOS/libwrp645mxp.dylib

Trying to find out why this file is missing, corrupted, or unreadable may be difficult so you might want to try downloading and installing the new NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha plus the latest patch. If you end up having the same problem with NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha, let us know and we can try to troubleshoot what is causing this:

Patrick
slickgoonie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject:

I re-downloaded the application and compared with the one I already had and it seemed the file you were mentioning before was there, I replaced it anyways with the one from the one I just downloaded but I still get the same error...It's weird cause I tried on a eMac running 10.3 and it works perfectly...
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject:

slickgoonie wrote:
I re-downloaded the application and compared with the one I already had and it seemed the file you were mentioning before was there, I replaced it anyways with the one from the one I just downloaded but I still get the same error...It's weird cause I tried on a eMac running 10.3 and it works perfectly...

Are you running NeoOffice/J from local disk or from a volume on another machine? Also, did the new installation work OK?

Patrick
slickgoonie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Local disk, the installation went ok. But I also tried it on another computer eMac with 10.3 and it runs great...
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
slickgoonie wrote:

Are you running NeoOffice/J from local disk or from a volume on another machine? Also, did the new installation work OK?

Is it possible that this is a Java VM error? Maybe slickgoonie should try the Java tests mentioned elsewhere in this forum.

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Is it possible that this is a Java VM error? Maybe slickgoonie should try the Java tests mentioned elsewhere in this forum.

This could be the cause.

slickgoonie:

Have you downloaded and installed the new Neo 1.2 Alpha release plus "Patch-6"? If not, can you try it? If Neo 1.2 Alpha works, then we can conclude that most likely the Neo/J 1.1 problem is due to a corrupted Java 1.3.1 installation.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1