NeoOffice :: View topic - Clipart ??
Clipart ??

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject:

SUBFOLDERS are added but not destincted in Neo. Such if you want them as a theme of their own you have to do the steps 7-11 of wiki for each subfolder! Smokey: GREAT work! Thank you!!
Thomas
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

Orgleser wrote:
Philip, I did change it, you are correct. After I posted the deleted one I thought "hey I can check that myself" and did it. The next logical step was to leave all the "copy into folder" stuff away. I was not aware someone could reply to my original message that fast.
Sorry
T.

Thanks, I thought I was imagining things. Laughing
I guess that's what happens when I stay up too late (midnight San Diego) and I'm replying to messages for opposite sides of the world ( evening - Australia and morning - Germany Wink ).

I AGREE "Isn't the community wonderful! Great work, y'all! Very Happy "

You folks are the Greatest!!!!
(note: I'm waiting until I get more experience with the Wiki before I make changes. Thanks for the Updates!! )

"Eye Candy" grin - I kinda like the term. Cool It's cute but I take little offense at it's usage. It's nice that older clip art collections can still be used ALSO. Now where Did I place all those old clip art collection CDs??
I AGREE that having access to enough clip art is a very important tool for presentations and such. This has been a very important advance for all NeoOffice users. Thanks again, AGAIN!

Philip (likes having a little extra "Eye Candy" in his life Wink )
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
(note: I'm waiting until I get more experience with the Wiki before I make changes. Thanks for the Updates!! )

No way to gain experience other than by doing it Smile.

LemonAid wrote:
"Eye Candy" grin - I kinda like the term. Cool It's cute but I take little offense at it's usage.

Funny, because I never intended it in an offensive way. I've worked in consultancy and know damn well the value of good presentation. And now working as a researcher at university, I once spent two days hassling in Excel to get my data in a picture that said it all in one glance.

I called it eye candy because it adds little nutritional value but makes your work so much nicer to consume. I'm sorry if that was too functional for some people's tastes, but I meant the appreciation I expressed.

Best wishes,
Oscar

aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:

I called it eye candy because it adds little nutritional value but makes your work so much nicer to consume. I'm sorry if that was too functional for some people's tastes, but I meant the appreciation I expressed.

Best wishes,
Oscar

It's OK Oscar. I've finished bristling now Very Happy

KUTGW [Guess. Hint: last word = work]

Peter
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Inserting pics

This discussion has got me using pics now Smile

Can someone tell me how to rotate a pic 90 degrees? I found the flip controls, but can't find rotate.

P
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Ctrl-click the image, select "position und größe" (should be sth with "postition and how large it is"), click the second rider (in german "drehung") and there it is.
T.
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject:

Orgleser wrote:
Ctrl-click the image, select "position und größe" (should be sth with "postition and how large it is"), click the second rider (in german "drehung") and there it is.
T.

It's actually interesting as my version of NeoOffice has a Modify menu. I managed to rotate ninety degrees, both a test StarOffice Draw file and a .sgv file that I have for QA purposes. I could not rotate a gif file, however. I did the Cntrl (not command) + Click and I did not find a position and size menu item.

James
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject:

James, with the modify menu i managed to rotate a .gif "manually" (I got red dots instead of green around the .gif, clicking and holding them did let me rotate the .gif). But yes: there was no "position and size" menu item for the .gif as I get it for other clipart (I tested that with .png only).
T.
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:

It's actually interesting as my version of NeoOffice has a Modify menu.

James

Yes, found it in the Draw program. I was hoping there might be a way to do it in Writer, but no go it seems. Thanks to you both.

P
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject:

Peter, if its not a gif, the ctrl-click thing works in writer too. If its gif: Rotate it in draw, cut out and put into the writer document,
T.
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Orgleser wrote:
T.

I did the Cntrl (not command) + Click and I did not find a position and size menu item.

James

Ditto. Actually, i'm trying to avoid ctrl-clicks: my right arm is broken just now, and it's no fun doing ctrl-clicky type things with your "wrong" hand!

Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject:

1. I forced trained myself to mouse with my left hand at work. Sounds like it will come in handy in a similar mishap situation.

2. Time for you to get out of that Classic OS thinking and "invest" in that "expensive" (all of $5 if one shops around) 3rd-party 2-button mouse as OS X is multi-button mouse ready out of the box!!!
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:

I did the Cntrl (not command) + Click and I did not find a position and size menu item.

aussie149 wrote:
Ditto. Actually, i'm trying to avoid ctrl-clicks: my right arm is broken just now, and it's no fun doing ctrl-clicky type things with your "wrong" hand!

Very Happy

My version has it depending on graphics format, at least in writer. I tried e.g. with the first of the 3deffects. But I wrongly stated it was for .png's too, please excuse!!. For png's there is the possibility to rotate them manually via the "modify"-menu in Neos "Draw" and then copy it into the writer document, or you can try ctrl-click, menue item "graphics" and flip (horizontally or vertically) if this is enough for you.
Sorry again for the wrong hint I gave on .pngs.
T.
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:

We could certainly make a Gallery (like the Cart'OOo folks have done) out of public domain images like openclipart,

Smokey

Is there by any good fortune an
OS X
OpenOffice.org 1.x
English

version of Cart'OOo? Looks interesting from what I can make out Smile There are some instructions for OSX, but in translation via Firefox they lose a bit. And I am not sure that many of us really want maps with French place names: the English translations of place names are confusing enough already [how did Beijing become Peking in the first place? No, don't tell me.. Very Happy] However, I would probably settle for that if I could get the first 2.

P
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4