· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Genesis of the new weapons
Genesis of the new weapons

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject:

As you can see on my screenshot in this thread, the new Aqua progress bar and the little "window resizing" square interfere with each other. It is barely noticeable, but it's not as nice as if they didn't interfere.

P.S. (edit) : here's a smaller picture

sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject:

Everything in OOo interferes with that little window resize widget--scroll bars, drop-down menus, progress, you name it. You'd think Windows didn't have such a thing, given the way all the windows are designed Razz

(And, ironically, the dialogues that need to be resized because they're too small to be useful *don't* have a resize widget Evil or Very Mad)

It's nothing new to NWF stuff....

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject:

There are no plans to fix any of the over/underlap with the window grabber at this time. Smokey's spot on that it's something more fundamental in the OOo code that is non-trivial to fix. Maybe eventually, but right now it's out of my area of focus at least.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Possible method for 10.3 tabs on 10.3?

Happened across this in bmo today, and it looks like there might be a way (comment 14 et seq) to do 10.3-style tabs on 10.3 after all (if I'm reading everything right, which I may not be). Dunno if the methods will work for us, but if Ed was in need of something to hack on during the looong flight from CA, maybe this will fill the bill.

If not, well, 10.2 tabs on 10.3 are better than Windows tabs any day Wink

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Interesting listing. Unfortunately I think the comments in that bugzilla listing still hold...I don't think it's possible to get them with the HITheme interfaces I've implemented.

While I'd love to look at the referenced patches, I am unsure as to their licensing and will not be looking at them at this time. I do not examine code for which I'm unsure of the license compliancy with GPL.

I hope that 10.3 users can bear the burden of old-style tabs until they can upgrade to 10.4 Smile

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
IWhile I'd love to look at the referenced patches, I am unsure as to their licensing and will not be looking at them at this time. I do not examine code for which I'm unsure of the license compliancy with GPL.

Hmm, that's an interesting existential question Smile

Once the code is in the repository, it's tri-licensed (MPL/LGPL/GPL; the entire Mozilla trunk is tri-licensed, and the vast, vast majority of the existing code on the current active branches is as well, and all new code on any branch must be tri-licensed), but in its pre-committal state, is a patch intended for inclusion in a tri-licensed repository tri-licensed?

/queue ninjas (er, lawyers) Razz

Anyway, sounds like it may not be useful at all, so 10.2 tabs it is Wink

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Hmm...interesting...trilicensing...I wish I had that with my bet at the last Belmont Stakes...

Perhaps I might be able to take a peek but I'll have to look a bit more b4 I do Wink

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

An update on that patch: I asked its author (Mark Mentovai; mento) about its license status &c today:

[4:08pm] ardissone|away: mento: do you have a sec for 2 quick (non-camino/non-moz) questions about bug 231313?
[4:22pm] mento: ardissone|away: ok
[4:23pm] ardissone|away: 1) does your patch there do 10.3 tabs on 10.3, or just on 10.4?
[4:23pm] mento: 10.3
[4:23pm] mento: patch is 10.3-only as it's implemented there
[4:23pm] mento: as in, works on 10.3, 10.4, but not on 10.2
[4:23pm] ardissone|away: 2) is the patch tri-licensed before it lands in the repository, or only once it lands in cvs? (I have someone who can only look at code that is unambiguously GPL-compatible)
[4:24pm] mento: this is why i hate software licenses
[4:24pm] ardissone|away: yeah
[4:24pm] ss|work: Heh
[4:24pm] mento: *my* contributions are tri-licensed and then some
[4:24pm] mento: want to use it under a different license? ask me and i'll most likely say yes
[4:25pm] ss|work: Contributions made to bugzilla are consider approved for the tri-license unless the author has said otherwise, aiui.
[4:25pm] ardissone|away: k
[4:25pm] ardissone|away: hopefully that's good enough for him to be able to have a look
[4:25pm] ardissone|away: thanks mento!
[4:25pm] ardissone|away: (and ss|work )
[4:26pm] mento: what's your guy doing?
[4:26pm] ardissone|away: Aqua widgets in a non-Moz app
[4:27pm] mento: non-moz? yeah, then my patch is probably a pretty good guide
[4:27pm] ardissone|away:
[4:27pm] ardissone|away: thanks again...gotta run

The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

OK, cool to see that they're trilicensed. I'm totally hung up trying to organize the conferences and stuff but no longer will fear to look at them Smile

I just wish people looking at our code had the common courtesy to do the same...sigh.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I bet you thought it was dead.

Well, you were right...

But I am the reanimator!!

I am sorry that due to technical requirements I could not reveal this until now. But the beginning is now.

The beginning of proper theme oriented color support for text is added, and now ShapeShifter users can get proper buttons (Pulsar theme):

Right now pushbuttons only are supported. My goal is for the final 2.1 release to support retheming as much as I can. Several of our prominent community contributors rely on Accessibility features to achieve their best NeoOffice experience.

The "new weapons" did not stop with AB3. To the best of our ability, they will move on to try and make software usable for all.

ed

/ new weapons for everyone?
// ride-em cowboy
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
I bet you thought it was dead.
But I am the reanimator!!

Bravo. Work that voodoo magic Ed Smile
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Dude, I am the voodoo master.

The icon work the Mac icon team has undertaken is totally beyond me. That graphics design work is totally beyond anything I could ever contribute.

Total bravo to everyone who's helped out with all of the icon design it's so far beyond me. It'll totally help Mac folks in the future I'm sure Smile
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
The beginning of proper theme oriented color support for text is added, and now ShapeShifter users can get proper buttons (Pulsar theme):

yoxi will love you even more! Smile

Also, I dig the app you're using to demo this new set of NeoOffice weapons: "My Untested Office Suite" Wink

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Yea for yoxi, et al.

Congrats to ALL Developers, and Contributors!! Laughing

Philip ( Drooling on his keyboard Embarassed Shocked Embarassed )
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject:

Delighted ins't the word! It'll be so great to have Pulsar back again! Homage...

- padmavyuha
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 23 of 27