NeoOffice :: View topic - Genesis of the new weapons
Genesis of the new weapons

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject:

I'm mostly testing it iwht Pulsar and a couple other ones I've got that do a fair bit with the text color.

Actually, it's good infrastructure to do this as well since that way we'll be able to automatically adapt to any color changes Apple may make in the default Aqua theme. While I don't know of any I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility given the different user interface style of their pro graphics apps and the ever changing scrollbar in iTunes Smile

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject:

Oh, another good note for builders is that this again changes the underlying OOo source code so it's best to start with a clean build.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Also, I dig the app you're using to demo this new set of NeoOffice weapons: "My Untested Office Suite" Wink

This is a deliberate change Patrick and I implemented after some various shenagins regarding our AB3 EAP. If you get the public source code to Neo and build it, by default it builds without any reference to the Neo trademark in the resulting software.

Even I build in this mode because it does not matter to me. I'm fixing code and the build works. I don't care what the application is named.

If only some other people would be as wise as myself.

Regardless, the matter of fact now is that if someone is redistributing their own builds and does so with our private trademarks, it now is willful trademark infringement as it requires conscious intent to reuse our trademark. We've eased the pain of those so called "saviours" of the world by ensuring they do not unintentionally violate our trademark.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
sardisson wrote:
Also, I dig the app you're using to demo this new set of NeoOffice weapons: "My Untested Office Suite" Wink

This is a deliberate change Patrick and I implemented after some various shenagins regarding our AB3 EAP. If you get the public source code to Neo and build it, by default it builds without any reference to the Neo trademark in the resulting software.

[...]

Regardless, the matter of fact now is that if someone is redistributing their own builds and does so with our private trademarks, it now is willful trademark infringement as it requires conscious intent to reuse our trademark. We've eased the pain of those so called "saviours" of the world by ensuring they do not unintentionally violate our trademark.

Nice...although I imagine that was quite a bit of work to implement Sad Does it cover the splash/about images, too?

The name is even more appropriate with that reasoning Smile

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Yup, covers splash and images too.

Ironically it wasn't that much work to implement and has some nice side-benefits for centralizing where name changes to the core product and licenses occur Smile

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Popup menus are next...

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject:

And tabitems too.

ed
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Philip ( para-quote: "What do the ... Wizards have behind the curtain?!?" Shocked )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject:

And context menus

What's fun about that one is that it's the first instance you can see of exactly what I've been up to...

If you look carefully at the color of the selected menu item, it's a slightly brighter shade of red than the non-selected items. Yes, the highlight color is still off from the pulsar theme...but that's not the point...

All of these text colors are adapting not only to the theme but also to the current state of each individual control as it's drawn (mouse over, etc.). This is another NWF extension that I had to put off until we shifted core OOo versions Smile

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject:

And now the final easy part...all the other control labels and text that don't have state:

This nearly completes all the theme color spuport changes with the exception of listboxes and perhaps some other stray controls Smile

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject:

And as a little more proof-of-the-pudding (as I'm using it to test various colors):

That's the unity theme which is pretty good for revealing points where the text colors are wrong since they're nearly opposite of normal and close to the apple "pro app" look. It actually reveals an intriguing problem when drawing disabled control text (shows up green instead of grey, prob. some weird alpha dimming). I know the fix, but am too tired today Smile

ed
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject:

...sob... it's beautiful... gods, I've been missing pulsar. Roll on EAP.

- padmavyuha
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject:

Is the Unity one automatically picking up the hi-contrast icons, or did you change that manually?

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Is the Unity one automatically picking up the hi-contrast icons, or did you change that manually?

I suspect that Ed hasn't rebuilt the installer with the new icons yet. Wink

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject:

Yes, I'm not doing the new icons in those screenshots yet. It's not automatically picking different icons. The system highlight colors and the like are changing, however, so I suspect that it's probably a difference in what XOR or alpha blending look like when placed against a dark color instead of a light color.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 24 of 27