· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice 2.0: a couple of misbehaviors
NeoOffice 2.0: a couple of misbehaviors

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: NeoOffice 2.0: a couple of misbehaviors

I've used NeoOffice 2.0 for quite some days without problems and I had no crash.

I've just noticed a couple of little things that maybe could be correct:

1. In the preview, icons for next and previous page are exchanged. This thing happened with OOo 2.0 beta too but was correct in the final release and in 2.0.1

2. in a table, to select a coloum or a row is possible to put cursor just on the left of a row or just over a coloum. I've noticed that in OOo 2 (but also in MS Word) putting cursor in these positions cursor change its aspect and become an arrow. This is useful to let you know that this selection is possible. In NeoOffice this change in aspect doesn't occour and so we could think that the selection on a row or of a coloum is not possible that way.

3. since I applied patch (dcon't know if is patch no. 1 or 2) I'm not able to select crystal icons (but I still have icon set on crystal). What I mean is that crystal is no more listed as possible choise, but if you have set crystal icons whaen you have installed neooffice the first time, these icons remain a
Valter
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 2.0: a couple of misbehaviors

valterb wrote:
1. In the preview, icons for next and previous page are exchanged. This thing happened with OOo 2.0 beta too but was correct in the final release and in 2.0.1

This is an OOo 2.0.2 bug. While they may have fixed in OOo 2.0.1, it appears when you use the Crystal icons in OOo 2.0.2 so you might want to file a bug with OpenOffice.org so that they fix it in OOo 2.0.3.

valterb wrote:
2. in a table, to select a coloum or a row is possible to put cursor just on the left of a row or just over a coloum. I've noticed that in OOo 2 (but also in MS Word) putting cursor in these positions cursor change its aspect and become an arrow. This is useful to let you know that this selection is possible. In NeoOffice this change in aspect doesn't occour and so we could think that the selection on a row or of a coloum is not possible that way.

OOo Windows and X11 use custom cursors that are in formats that I cannot convert (Windows uses *.cur files and X11 uses X11 mask images). This has been the case since the first NeoOffice/J release. Because these images aren't available in JPEG or GIF format (i.e. a format that Java can render), I have mapped all of the custom cursors to the nearest available system cursor. Not ideal, but until someone can figure out how to convert (or recreates) the Windows *.cur files into JPEG or GIF, this behavior won't change.

valterb wrote:
3. since I applied patch (dcon't know if is patch no. 1 or 2) I'm not able to select crystal icons (but I still have icon set on crystal). What I mean is that crystal is no more listed as possible choise, but if you have set crystal icons whaen you have installed neooffice the first time, these icons remain a

I cannot reproduce this with the latest test patch that I posted in bug 1418. Does the problem still occur with that test patch?

Patrick
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 2.0: a couple of misbehaviors

pluby wrote:

valterb wrote:

I cannot reproduce this with the latest test patch that I posted in bug 1418. Does the problem still occur with that test patch?

Patrick

FWIW I don't have this problem. Have installed latest patch. Crystal is top of my list in Options>View. [I have previously selected Crystal]
P
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Since installing Neo v2 alpha (patch-regardless) I have never had Crystal in my icon set list - ¿que pasa? Did people who have this icon set install it at some point?

- Padmavyuha
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

I still have the "problem" about crystal icons after have installed patch2-test2.
Please, have a look here to see a screeshot
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/valterballantini/neo2p2t2.tiff

Valter
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Since two of you are having problems with the Crystal icons, could one of you file a bug in Bugzilla and attach a zip file of your ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.x folder? I suspect that it is a preferences issue so attaching the zip file will help me isolate the problem.

Patrick
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Patrick, a zip file of that folder is 4.3 MB. Is it OK to upload this file?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:

valterb wrote:
Patrick, a zip file of that folder is 4.3 MB. Is it OK to upload this file?

Hmm. Why don't you just zip the user/registry and user/config/soffice.cfg subdirectories. That should be the important stuff and reduce most of the size.

Patrick
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject:

OK, done

Valter
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject:

valterb wrote:
I still have the "problem" about crystal icons after have installed patch2-test2.
Please, have a look here to see a screeshot
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/valterballantini/neo2p2t2.tiff

Valter

yes , I did have exactly that problem when I upgraded OpenOffice.org 2.0 at some stage/s. I found that when I delved into the app file contents/macos/share/config, the Crystal zip file was missing, but the Default and Industrial ones were still there. The crystal zip is there in my latest version of OpenOffice.org, which is from 8 April.
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Added mine too.

- Padmavyuha

*edit* the Images_Crystal.zip file is happily there in the /contents/share/config folder in NeoOffice v2, but it's not showing in the Options/View/Icons menu.
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 2.0: a couple of misbehaviors

pluby wrote:
Not ideal, but until someone can figure out how to convert (or recreates) the Windows *.cur files into JPEG or GIF, this behavior won't change.

I can't find any .cur files to try this on, but looking at GraphicConverters list of supported formats it might be an option.

Patrick could you email me the .cur files for OpenOffice (or tell me where to get them) and I'll have a go at converting them.

Cheers,

Andy at <myusername> dot org dot uk
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject:

Patrick - ImageMagick supports Microsoft CUR file formats. It's a command-line image conversion tool (among other things) so can be integrated directly with our makefiles and the like.

If you want I can try taking this on. It would require yet another package to be installed for building, but it is GPL. I tend to use older versions just because my perl scripts parsing output aren't that robust Wink

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject:

Duh, stupid me forgot the link:

http://www.imagemagick.org/

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
If you want I can try taking this on. It would require yet another package to be installed for building, but it is GPL. I tend to use older versions just because my perl scripts parsing output aren't that robust Wink

Ed,

I don't think ImageMagick would be added to the build. Instead, just convert the *.cur images in neojava/vcl/win/source/src and commit -kb the new JPEGs in neojava/vcl/java/source/src.

Then I just need to add the images to the installer and the patch and have VCLFrame.java load the images at startup.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2