· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Pasting text in Calc
Pasting text in Calc

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csaw
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Pasting text in Calc

Hello, I am trying to learn Calc. Is there any way to paste arbitrary multi-line text into a single cell instead of the paste location advancing to a different cell at each tab or carriage return? I am using NeoOffice 1.2 Patch 6. Also since I am new to the support resources, please let me know if this question is already answered somewhere that I have overlooked.
doctype
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Hi csaw,
I already work with NeoOffice 2 Alpha, so I don't know if this applies to version 1.2: If you want to paste multi-line text into one cell, the cursor has to be in the cell, meaning not only the cell is selected (fat border), but (via double-click) the cursor blinks in the cell.
Does it work that way in NeoOffice 1.2?
Martin
kmorris
Sentinel

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Hi Doctype,

Yes, that's how it works (been a while since I've used 1.2, but I do a lot of spreadsheet work). I usually use F2 to get the cursor into the cell I've selected. It's also worth remembering that cmd-enter will put a newline into a cell, while the enter key normally moves you out of the cell.

-K
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

FYI 1.2 Patch 6 is not the latest version. You can update it to 1.2.2 by downloading the latest patch :

Edit : Since I posted the link has changed, and now you should find it here :

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/oldpatch.php
csaw
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:

doctype wrote:
Hi csaw,
I already work with NeoOffice 2 Alpha, so I don't know if this applies to version 1.2: If you want to paste multi-line text into one cell, the cursor has to be in the cell, meaning not only the cell is selected (fat border), but (via double-click) the cursor blinks in the cell.
Does it work that way in NeoOffice 1.2?
Martin

Yes, upon experimenting I find that it does work that way in 1.2 if I use text copied from NeoOffice or from TextWrangler. For some reason, when the cursor is in the cell (or the input field), text copied from BBedit Lite does not paste at all, even lthough when the cell is just selected the same text pastes into successive cells as described. But at least there is a way to get arbitrary text into a single cell without having to type it in manually using Command-Enter.

Thank you for all the replies.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:

The only thing I can think of is that TextWrangler is a more updated BBEdit Lite and is providing the appropriate flavors on the Mac OS X clipboard that allows the paste to occur successfully. BBEdit Lite is pretty old at this point in time and I don't think it's new enough to use the flavors that Neo uses to interpret the clipboard.

I use TextWrangler myself and haven't noticed any issues. Hopefully, that means the newest versions of the full BBEdit won't have any either since it's my understanding they're derived from the same code base.

ed
doctype
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
I use TextWrangler myself and haven't noticed any issues. Hopefully, that means the newest versions of the full BBEdit won't have any either ...

Well (if it's of any importance Confused ): BBEdit 8.2.5 hasn't any issues.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1