Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Select Destination volume is blank for NeoOffice 2.0
Select Destination volume is blank for NeoOffice 2.0

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hug0min0r
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Select Destination volume is blank for NeoOffice 2.0

Hi - I'm trying to install NeoOffice 2.0 and when I get to the Select Destination volume screen, there is nothing there. There are no volumes to select, nothing. Any idea why this is happening? I downloaded the file twice, from different servers, and the same thing has happened. Thanks!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject:

There is clearly something wrong with the Mac OS X installer tool as that tool is what creates the list of volumes in the installer. Is the installer hanging (i.e. the buttons stop working)? If so, the installer may be hanging on one of your peripheral devices (e.g. a remote volume, a FireWire disk, etc.) so try disconnecting such volumes and rerunning the installer.

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject:

Offhand this seems to be an odd installer bug. Normally, what Installer.app should do on 10.4 is display all available volumes in the Volumes pane. They'll all be dimmed out initially until it's finished analyzing them at which point the volume will become available. If you're seeing nothing there's something fishy with Installer.app that would affect any application packages.

Patrick's advice is probably best...try removing all drives (including CDs, memory cards, etc.), rebooting with only the default drive active, and then installing. It's recommended to install Neo onto the boot drive anyway for the best compatibility with future downloadable patches. You'll also need admin privileges on the machine to install the software.

ed
hug0min0r
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Thanks - I don't have any additional drives attached to my laptop, and nothing is in the CD drive, so I did restart the computer and the same thing is happening. The Go Back button works fine, so it doesn't appear that the Installer is stuck. Is Installer the only way to install NeoOffice 2.0?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Yes. Installer.app is the only way to attempt to install packages...including things like the Apple System Updates. Have you tried to install any other software packages (things ending in ".pkg") recently other than Neo?

ed
hug0min0r
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject:

Yes, I recently installed something and the installation process was fine. Hmm. Is it possible to re-install Installer, I wonder?
hug0min0r
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Just as an update, I'm trying to install something else right now, and I'm getting the same problem. So it looks like my Installer app is not working for anythingt now.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject:

Well, something is definitely wrong with your Installer.app. I don't know what couild be the cause of your issue, but I wonder if installing and running a maintenance utility such as Yasu (http://www.jimmitchelldesigns.com/projects/yasu/) would help ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject:

Installer.app can probably be pulled from your OS X Imstall/Restore CD/DVD with either Pacifist or D.B.Cooper and reinstalled on your system manually (so you don't have to Archuve and (re)install (A&I) OS X itself. I would try the maintenence routines first/again however and also moving the Installer.app prefs file to the Desktop and relaunch Installer.app so a new prefs file is created and retry Installer.app before anything else.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1