NeoOffice @ OOoCon 2006

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
I haven't had the time to watch the videos, am I on any of them ?

Quick view of u at the beginning of the Aqua video! Very Happy

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject:

Yeah, go Princeton class ring at 2:22 of the Aqua video Smile (my penmanship really does suck)

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Samwise wrote:

Quick view of u at the beginning of the Aqua video! Very Happy

ed

Yeah, about 5:30 with a question...you're famous Smile

ed
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Yeah, about 5:30 with a question...you're famous Smile

Embarassed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Man, I myself was so embarassed seeing myself as well, but I don't think that can be avoided Wink

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait to find a high-bandwidth connection to grab all of these; my quest for Neo knowledge is unceasing Wink

Smokey

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

It was very nice to actually see who does all that hard work. I mean, after two years on this board I didn't have a clue what you both look like Wink.

Best wishes,
Oz
wge
Sentinel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc,

i thought the same. now, you can see a face behind those people who respond almost directly on problems on the support line.

General remark :
i saw the videos and i thought it was a pity you didn't actually show the program. I think that would give a more impact . or am i wrong? it was maybe
a technical problem ?

i saw then the video of Prof Eric Bachard and i was ashamed in his place. i remember the words : lots of work to do, not enough resources , lack of programmers, this does not work etc

i went then back to the videos on OOo and picked one : Why openoffice ? done by John McCreesh. During his discours he is saying : you have always to reckon "what's in for me" . For me it's clear. NeoOffice is giving all of it.
easy to use, easy to install, stable and it's free.

OOo mac native gives no such a thing for the moment . "Even calc isn't working." Vous dites ?

OpenOffice.org 2.0.4 on mac
Mac OSX 10.4.7
Fedora 5 OOo 2.0.3
Other
gand
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
You are also here.Very Happy

OPENSTEP wrote:
gand : Also feel free to ask if you would like them mirrored anywhere else if the bandwidth drain is too high. We may be able to get them onto some of the binary mirrors if administrators are willing.
By the moment I've not noticed bandwidth problem unless you did during dowload. Anyway you can copy, distribute, display, and perform the work under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.
If you wish they can be linked/mirrored from/in a documentation page of Neo site.

LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject:

wge wrote:
i thought the same. now, you can see a face behind those people who respond almost directly on problems on the support line.
a Big DITTO. So that's what they look like! Shocked (hmmm - I thought Ed would be ... Taller? Wink )

wge wrote:
General remark :
i saw the videos and i thought it was a pity you didn't actually show the program. I think that would give a more impact . or am i wrong? it was maybe a technical problem ?
Yea, that would be have been nice.
    GREAT IDEA:
    any chance that something like a 10 minute video could be put together showing off NeoOffice?!?
    If this could be posted along with the other OOoCon videos - its' Promotion value would be ... priceless!!

wge wrote:
i saw then the video of Prof Eric Bachard and i was ashamed in his place. i remember the words : lots of work to do, not enough resources , lack of programmers, this does not work etc
I was embarrassed for him too. Giving a talk in another language must be hard all by itself. Embarassed
I wondered "why" he was spending so much time on Impress, instead of Writer. Then he mentioned that there were problems with displaying and working with text and he was probably focusing on features (like drawing) that were working.

wge wrote:
i went then back to the videos on OOo and picked one : Why openoffice ? done by John McCreesh. During his discours he is saying : you have always to reckon "what's in for me" .
For me it's clear. NeoOffice is giving all of it. easy to use, easy to install, stable and it's free.

OOo mac native gives no such a thing for the moment . "Even calc isn't working." Vous dites ?
True

I just watched another GREAT video (Java and NeoOffice) and was impressed - AGAIN. I found it very interesting that Patrick and Ed have found "corner problems" in the Apples Java Virtual Machine. Shocked AND how problem solutions were passed back to Apple's Java team. (tee hee - how "funny" that NeoOffice is used as a Test Case! Laughing )
Everybody gains from this interaction!

How true that many "edge" problems are not found until someone stresses the system.
Sounds like NeoOffice has been doing that in a way no other Mac applications has. GREAT!!

Wonders never cease with the development surrounding NeoOffice. The future looks very ... bright!

Philip ( WoW Shocked )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject:

I went to RadioShack and got my adapter and am recording the dictation tapes to AAC as I speak Smile I'm trying to find podcasting hosting companies now, but don't worry, they will be online as soon as I can get them. Some of them are the same as what FreeSMUG has already hosted, but some of the other ones may be interesting for folk. And we definitely didn't do Jake's play justice Laughing

Just like the FreeSMUG content, I'll also do the audio podcasts under CC license.

For those who are interested, there's also the official OOoCon media site:

http://ooocon-koon.kiberpipa.org

I'm already looking forward to seeing some of the presentations that I missed while I was busy manning the booth and introducing more users to Neo!

gand : Thanks for all the work, really, it is phenomenal! Feel free to let me know if bandwidth becomes an issue and I'll try to lend a hand. I guess now Patrick has no excuse for being located on google images Wink

Quote:
(hmmm - I thought Ed would be ... Taller? )

You know, that's really really really funny...I got the same comment from a number of people! Odd thing is that I'm already the tallest in my family. Unfortunately these days I'm no longer growing vertically. Horizontally however I'm gaining ground...ugh.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
any chance that something like a 10 minute video could be put together showing off NeoOffice?!?
If this could be posted along with the other OOoCon videos - its' Promotion value would be ... priceless!!

Interesting idea...I know there was something that could use VNC to make Flash videos. I think it was open source as well...anyone recall such a thing?

Aha...if we run into bandwidth problems we could probably host our videos on YouTube Smile

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Linking to podcasts on iTunes?

Has anyone here submitted podcasts to iTunes? I was looking through the iTunes "Submit Podcasts" info, but the FAQ and Technical Specifications link to pages that are no longer available from the Apple website Crying or Very sad I guess we need to give up some things in order to download Finding Nemo Rolling Eyes

ed
MacRat
Sake Horner
Sake Horner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Linking to podcasts on iTunes?

OPENSTEP wrote:
Has anyone here submitted podcasts to iTunes? I was looking through the iTunes "Submit Podcasts" info, but the FAQ and Technical Specifications link to pages that are no longer available from the Apple website Crying or Very sad I guess we need to give up some things in order to download Finding Nemo Rolling Eyes

Once again, Ed is out looking in all the wrong places..... Twisted Evil

Launch iTunes.

Click on iTunes Store.

Click on Podcasts in the left store nav.

Click on the big "Submit a Podcast" button in the middle of the page.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Did that, but was trying to go through the "FAQ" and "Tech Spec" arrows on that page and, lo, documents do not exist in Apple. Perhaps iTunes 7 no longer loves me?

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10