NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice @ OOoCon 2006
NeoOffice @ OOoCon 2006

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice 2.0 and Aqua

well,

I'm done mixing and trying to publish my efforts at: http://web.mac.com/palemon/iWeb/Site/Podcast/Podcast.html

It is telling me that I need Quicktime 7.0 - which I already have. Crying or Very sad

This is still a work in ... progress but I hope to get it working soon.
Then we'll see if we need to post/publish it in more places (iTunes?)

This has been a real learning experience with iLife. Creating PodCasts in GarageBand is amazing! Shocked Maybe we can do more of these and get the word out about NeoOffice 2.Oh! Laughing Cool Laughing

Philip ( "Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you wanted!" Wink )

<edit: or maybe - http://homepage.mac.com/palemon/FileSharing1.html >

Last edited by LemonAid on Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
knutkja
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject:

Hi all,

First of all: Thanks to Ed and Patrick for their great work at "NeoCon" @ OOoCon 2006. These guys doesen't only do great code, the also makes it possible for non-techies like myself to understand (to some extent) what's it all about Smile

I strongly recommend all to watch the video/listen to the audio. It will add much to the understanding of the different aspects of the NeoOffice project. Ed and Patrick was doing great talks, and proved to be vell spoken "unplugged" Smile

I must also add that Ed and Patrick are great partygivers and cool to hang ut with!

Thanks for a great time! Hopefully even more people from the NeoOffice crowd will come next time!

(The only bad experience was that my suitcase didn't come home with me, it was lost somewhere, and came 36 hours later...)

Smile

knutkja
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad it was a good time; I had a lot of fun myself. Sorry to hear about the suitcase. Oddly I usually have horrible travel karma and my things get lost all the time, but not this time. I hope it hasn't transferred to someone else...espeically in this paranoid day and age when more and more must be checked...

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice Podcast

LemonAid wrote:
I have been calling the Podcast - "NeoOffice and Aqua",
is that OK or are you attached to "Aqua is Here! The Solution: Demystified"?

Nah, that's fine. The titles and such were more just to give us direction and hopefully prevent us from rambling off in some other direction. We did that a couple times anyway, but hopefully things were mostly focused!

I've been looking for some other images and found this graphic that I was using for trying to illustrate VCL back in a presentation from 2002:

http://www.dashboardbuddha.com/images/ooo_gui_structure.tif

It's oddly similar to what I drew on the whiteboard Smile

Another option might be to try to get comparative screenshots? I didn't find anything except the ones I had already put in that old "new weapons" thread you mentioned. The other thought might be to try to fire up 1.x and do side by sides?

ed
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: PODCAST ONLINE!!! - Hear Ed & Patrick -> see pretty p

Grin,

This link gives me problems on my Mac, but works on Windoes from work. Check it out. I'll update with the VCL image.
Quote:
I'm done mixing and trying to publish my efforts at: http://web.mac.com/palemon/iWeb/Site/Podcast/Podcast.html

I have good examples for the latter 60-75% of the talk - just missing the VCL images.
If you can find better screen examples of the topics I messed up - I'll update the p-cast!

It's fun to watch - now that I've heard, and editted, it dozens of times... Rolling Eyes

It's AMAZING the items you guys have updated in Neo Aqua. This demo really sets the bar ... Really HIGH! Tanks

Philip ( tired, but happy with this first effort! Wink )

Philip ( It looks ... fair now that it's cut

<edit -
Ed, I'm not worried about 1.1 or comparisons. Your talk is GREAT as is.
It just need a few move visual examples of specific discussion items - to be ... Perfect!

It should be noted that "I'm" image capture challenged. That is why I ask for images instead of just creating my own (plus - I don't to image somthing wrong!)>
gand
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Videos are ready

gand wrote:
OpenOffice.org conference videos of Eric Bachard's lecture and the NeoOffice presentations from Patrick & Ed are ready.
They are available as .mp3, .mov, .mp4, .ogm and .avi.
http://www.freesmug.org/Video/OOoCon2006
Enjoy.

FYI, I had to split videos on two pages as request by Eric Bachard.

G.

LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject:

gand,

I think your site is a GREAT resource. Thank you for taking the time and effort to, record, host and post these items.

I'm sorry Embarassed that you got some complaints and appreciate you splitting the videos across two "different" web pages.

Your videos are excellent and are of GREAT value to the WHOLE OOo Community. Thank you again!

Philip ( What was all that hub-bub (American Phrase) about??? Rolling Eyes )
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: KUTGW

Ditto for me, gand. Illegitimi nil carborundum. [ it's joke-latin for "don't let the bastards grind you down" - carborundum is sandpaper [abrasive paper]] Laughing

Peter
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: PODCAST ONLINE!!! - Hear Ed & Patrick -> see pret

LemonAid wrote:
Grin,

This link gives me problems on my Mac, but works on Windoes from work. Check it out. I'll update with the VCL image.

Thanks for the 411...what browser are you using? I had tested it out only in Safari (10.4.7). I very well may have a screwed up MIME type on my server. Normally I don't post TIFF images up there, so I think this may be the first time Smile

LemonAid wrote:
Quote:

I have good examples for the latter 60-75% of the talk - just missing the VCL images.
If you can find better screen examples of the topics I messed up - I'll update the p-cast!

Very cool! Again, thanks for all the work on this...it really does provide another visual for people to begin to understand all the work that's going on. I'm busy getting t-shirts ready to mail right now, but I'll watch fully when I get back from real job today and get you feedback! The actual controls definitely look a lot better than the ones that I can draw myself on a whiteboard Smile Anyone else should feel free to make recommendations as well!

Once you're done, let me know and I'll put up amother link in the podcast section of our conference page!

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Videos are ready

gand wrote:
gand wrote:
OpenOffice.org conference videos of Eric Bachard's lecture and the NeoOffice presentations from Patrick & Ed are ready.
They are available as .mp3, .mov, .mp4, .ogm and .avi.
http://www.freesmug.org/Video/OOoCon2006
Enjoy.

FYI, I had to split videos on two pages as request by Eric Bachard.

G.

No worries, I think that's fine and very respectful Smile I'll split up the links on our second-tier conference page as well.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Videos are ready

OPENSTEP wrote:
No worries, I think that's fine and very respectful Smile I'll split up the links on our second-tier conference page as well.

Done. Additional mirrors added as well. Thanks for mirroring the audio!!

ed
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: PODCAST ONLINE!!! - Hear Ed & Patrick -> see pret

OPENSTEP wrote:
LemonAid wrote:
Grin,

Thanks for the 411...what browser are you using? I had tested it out only in Safari (10.4.7). I very well may have a screwed up MIME type on my server. Normally I don't post TIFF images up there, so I think this may be the first time Smile

LemonAid wrote:
Quote:

... I'll watch fully when I get back from real job today and get you feedback! The actual controls definitely look a lot better than the ones that I can draw myself on a whiteboard Smile Anyone else should feel free to make recommendations as well!

Once you're done, let me know and I'll put up another link in the podcast section of our conference page!

ed
ED,
The problem I'm having is with the Podcast, not your tiff image. Sorry for the confusion.
The problem I have using SeaMonkey on my PowerBook is: the Podcast page loads, the QuickTime Q shows up, then a big Q error says that I need to download QuickTime. I think I'm having a MIME mapping problem in SeaMonkey (FireFox 1.0.5 code base). Not as bad as using Windoze, but annoying!

I look forward reviews / recommendations. After that I would be proud to have you post it with the other links! (it's your copyright - I just did some editing! Wink )

Thanks to ALL for their contributions!

Philip ( Using GarageBand to do the Podcast - that was an interesting experience! cool Wink )
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10