NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice @ OOoCon 2006
NeoOffice @ OOoCon 2006

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Minor html edit needed

Minor error in the position of the opening <a href.. in this line. Should come before the "2" in "2006..."

<p>NeoOffice is proud to be a sponsor of the 2<a href="http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2006/">006 OpenOffice.org user's conference</a> in Lyon, France. This conference features many presentations and sessions that are useful to any NeoOffice or OpenOffice.org user. The list of available presentations at the conference is <a href="http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2006/schedule.html">available online</a>.</p>

<edit> and shouldn't the 'Home' link to takr users back to the NeoOffice home page rather than pointing to the Neo @ OOoConf page itself? Current tag is <a href="http://www.neooffice.org/neocon2006/">Home</a></edit>

OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject:

Ah yes, missed tag beginning and home link should now be corrected. Thanks!

ed
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

OK. I have contacted my cousin in Lyon, and although she isn't familiar with INSA and the surrounding area, she thinks that a friend of hers should know of a nice place for the drink-a-thon (and perhaps for the OOo play as well).

I'll have more information tomorrow (i.e. in approximately 24-26 hours from now) ...
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Most excellent! Thanks for the help and please thank your cousin and her friend from us as well Very Happy

ed
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

especially if she is cute!

err... i mean... Shocked
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject:

OK. So I'll thank them on Ed's behalf, but not on jake's then ...
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject:

/me pulls out the family tree to see if he has cousins in Lyon Wink

Smokey

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject:

If you have to resort to a family tree to see if you have any cousins in Lyon, then I doubt that they will be of much help to you with your trip planning and so forth.

BTW, has anyone/everyone already found accomodations for the conference period ? Am I the only one who still hasn't planned my trip Smile ?
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
If you have to resort to a family tree to see if you have any cousins in Lyon, then I doubt that they will be of much help to you with your trip planning and so forth.

I have one relative (my father's 3rd cousin) who is always trying to get us to come visit. I remembered they lived in SE France, but not where in relation to Lyon.... The little exchange prompted me to check (Nîmes, not close enough Wink although my 4th cousin was born in Lyon)...fortunately for this little exercise, I unfortunately won't be attending NeoCon 2006 Sad

(On the plus side, I won't have to send warnings about Jake Wink /me ducks)

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
BTW, has anyone/everyone already found accomodations for the conference period ? Am I the only one who still hasn't planned my trip Smile ?
Yes,
You are the only one how hasn't planned your trip. Laughing

Will you be able to save a seat at the conference for me? Cool

OK, I will not be attending. I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for some of the ... discussions! And the "Neo Table Talks" sound VERY interesting. Hope we get lots of notes.
I might finally be the difference between N*F and WTF.

Philip (still saving up for a new iMac Core Duo Sad )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I haven't finalized everything myself but I did buy my plane ticket at least to fly on over.  I totally hear the affordability thing and have just prepared myself for an expensive month and some new credit card debt Wink  (especially given how much the dollar has tanked against the euro since the last time I was in Europe when there still were francs...Shocked).

I think I also found my minidisc recorder and lapel pin for trying to record the table talks and play for all you guys who can't make it.  I'll do my best!

ed
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject:

I don't need to take the plane, only the train, and I don't worry about that. I'm just feeling that all the hotels close to INSA are going to be full of attendees, and that I'll have to either choose a hotel further away from the conference, or a more expensive hotel Sad ...
knutkja
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
I'm just feeling that all the hotels close to INSA are going to be full of attendees, and that I'll have to either choose a hotel further away from the conference, or a more expensive hotel Sad ...

The Etap Hotel Villeurbanne is a few blocks away from the OOoCon venue. It's € 43 per night... It's not expensive for a hotel located in the center of a major European city (cheaper than any hotel where I'm from, anyway) Confused I made reservations today at http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/fichehotel/gb/etp/5087/fiche_hotel.shtml (used the reservations button, top right), so its probably still rooms available.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject:

Thanks. 43€ is cheap (perhaps a bit too cheap). Do you have any link to the hotel's website ? The link you provided doesn't include any information about the hotel, other than "shower, toilet, and satellite TV". I'd like to know more about the hotel before I make any reservation.
knutkja
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
Do you have any link to the hotel's website ? The link you provided doesn't include any information about the hotel, other than "shower, toilet, and satellite TV". I'd like to know more about the hotel before I make any reservation.

Sorry, I don't know more than whats listed on the webpage. The Etap Hotels are the low-price hotel segment in the Accor hotel chain. Hopefully it's possible to sleep there Smile If it is, I'm satisfied.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10