View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject:

OK. Thanks anyway.
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject:

My girlfriend has already sleept several times in different Etap Hotels and she says they are OK, much better than Formule 1 (where showers and toilets are outside the rooms). This one is less than a kilometer away from the INSA Campus.
But it is near a big road and quite far away from the town center.
Have you seen the OOoCon 2006 accomodation page?
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject:

Ouch! I've nver been to a Formule 1 hotel, but I've seen one along a freeway near Geneva, and it looked very very bad ...

I've seen the accomodations page, but I expected the hotels on that page to be particularly full since just about anyone who will attend the conference have seen them on that page. Apparently the Holiday Inn has air conditioning, which is a good thing (although September will probably be cooler than August).
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Still no info from my cousin about the bar etc. She seems to be busy at the moment, but I'll keep you posted.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject:

No worries on the bar. Like I said, it'll be an exercise in "emergent groupthink" or, well, we wind up wherever we all think is cool Smile

Unfortunately it started hitting me that this is really getting close now...but it'll all work out Smile

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Even though Ed and I have been buried with the Neo 2.0 Aqua Beta EAP, we have not forgotten about OOoCon. Our booth preparations are now pretty much complete so if you are at OOoCon, you should have no trouble finding us in the vendor area as we will have a 7 foot tall standup banner in front of our booth that has the NeoOffice ship on it (thanks Ed!).

We will be handing out CDs at the booth (as I finish burning the first batch as I post this) and holding our talks at the booth as planned. In case you lost the link, the schedule is on the NeoOffice @ OOoCon 2006.

We hope as many of you as possible can join us for our 1st Annual NeoOffice Dinner and Drink-a-thon. I know we have not yet set a specific place where we will start the evening but does any have any ideas where we should go? In any case, will post the time and place for the evening's activities at our booth so as many of you can find us as we don't want anyone to miss out on the fun.

Also, if you cannot join us at OOoCon, we will be at the Ray Saunders' event in Geneva on the afternoon of September 8th.

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, totally not slacking...the conference will rule! We'll even have a small whiteboard for illustrative doodles and football plays.

Also if you can't make it I'm going to do my best to record the tabletalks and find some way to get them on the web if I'm lucky. Unfortunately the great grand US Postal Service seems to have lost my dictation recorder but I've got my minidisc recorder and mic handy. I figure if people can bootleg concerts with it, it must be good enough for our table talks (as long as I bring enough AA batteries...).

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
you should have no trouble finding us in the vendor area as we will have a 7 foot tall standup banner in front of our booth that has the NeoOffice ship on it (thanks Ed!).

The banner likes offerings of beer. This is based on a surreal experience between me and the banner that occurred in my living room after I set up a small shrine to it with tea candles. Before I offered it libations, however, I sat down and had a good talking to it and we agreed that if it wasn't thirsty within 5 minutes it was OK for me to accept the libation in its stead. It was definitely a fun night printing CDs....

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
you should have no trouble finding us in the vendor area as we will have a 7 foot tall standup banner in front of our booth that has the NeoOffice ship on it (thanks Ed!).

Pictures of the OOoCon booth are now officially required Wink

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Well, Patrick and I can take pictures of portions of it and perhaps it could be photoshopped together...

My digital camera died Sad Can't focus any more Sad

Somehow I doubt they'll let me bring in either beer or tea lights to re-enact the banner's shrine.

The nice thing with a portable banner and wardriving, however, is that even if we don't have access to the booth we can set it up wherever we want to do our talks. Heck, it could even come to the bar with us (but I doubt the barkeep would find it funny we keep serving it drinks...)

ed
knutkja
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:

Pictures of the OOoCon booth are now officially required Wink

I'll bring my camera and my iBook (as on most trips, anywhere Smile ). I arrive monday sometime in the afternoon.

k
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:

I may be able to come since I will be in Clermont-Ferrand (200 km from Lyon) on Monday. I'll have to book an hotel room and take one day of holiday but I think it'll be okay Smile
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject:

I haven't forgotten about OOoCon either. I haven't heard from my cousin in a while, but I've found some information on Wikitravel :

http://wikitravel.org/en/Lyon

http://wikitravel.org/fr/Lyon

http://wikitravel.org/fr/Lyon#A_voir_pas_loin ("Villeurbanne")

val1984 wrote:
I may be able to come since I will be in Clermont-Ferrand (200 km from Lyon) on Monday. I'll have to book an hotel room and take one day of holiday but I think it'll be okay Smile

Hope you can attend the conference Smile
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject:

OK, I just read an old email form my cousin, which says that there aren't that many places close to the Doua (INSA campus), but apparently downtown Lyon isn't that far away and she thinks it might be a better solution. She added that she was still looking for other alternatives, but I haven't heard of her since then (Aug. 14).

I've also got a link to a website :

http://www.petitpaume.com/

http://www.petitpaume.com/bar-pub-lyon/bar-pub-lyon.htm (the specific page about bars & pubs, although if a real dinner is held you might want to look for a restaurant)

and, if anyone is looking for something in Lyon or Villeurbanne, a link to the Yellow Pages website :

http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pj.cgi?lang=en
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the links...I'll definitely need to check those out!! I've been going so nuts getting everything ready that I haven't had time to actually plan out *fun* things to do Smile

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10