NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice @ OOoCon 2006
NeoOffice @ OOoCon 2006

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

Waldo wrote:
* I wish to stress the camera guy makes it REALLY hard to see what the demo is demoing...

Someone named Carlo made another video of the presentation (as well as of the Neo presentations from Patrick & Ed); it will take him some time to upload it, but we'll have another (and hopefully, better) video of Eric's demo.
gand
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
Someone named Carlo made another video of the presentation (as well as of the Neo presentations from Patrick & Ed); it will take him some time to upload it, but we'll have another (and hopefully, better) video of Eric's demo.
I'll publish Eric Bachard's lecture and the Neo presentations from Patrick & Ed videos as soon as possible, please be tuned.
I hope my videos will be better, they will be in .mov streaming file, mp4 iPod video and ogg format.

Waldo wrote:
* Very slow with some rainbow cursors... then they have some kind of problem that involves a few people having to figure out the UI Smile
It remember me this old Apple Ad:
http://smartdelivery.watchmactv.com/mactv/mp4/043-GetAMac95.mp4 (1.3Mb)

ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject:

gand wrote:
It remember me this old Apple Ad:
http://smartdelivery.watchmactv.com/mactv/mp4/043-GetAMac95.mp4 (1.3Mb)

Do they have the hopping iMac they made as a spoof for Pixar anywhere? That was too cute.

best wishes,
Oscar

OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:

knutkja wrote:
I have taken some photos and put on the web. I'll probably put some more later http://homepage.mac.com/knut_kjaereng/ooocon2006/ooocon2006.html

Thanks for the shots! It's really cool to have esp. as my digital camera was busted Wink

I had a fun time meeting everyone, drinking, and the like. The conference did wind up being a lot of work and we didn't do all of the presentations...but we did a number. I did get all of them on the dictation recorder so I'll be getting the audio up for podcast at least as soon as I can find a cable for doing the export. The quality won't be the best, but hopefully the content makes it worthwhile. We probably talked more like developers but after the audio is up I'm of course more than willing to clarify and elaborate Smile

Needless to say I'm tired right now (waiting for last leg of my flight in SFO) but it was a very rewarding time. Hopefully it was for all who stopped by as well! We probably wound up handing out close to 90 PowerPC+Intel CD sets, and I don't think they were from people wanting a collectable, but you never know Wink While not all of the people used Macs themselves, there were a number of folks that were of the "I've got a friend that does, they may be interested" type.

ed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Do they have the hopping iMac they made as a spoof for Pixar anywhere? That was too cute.

http://smartdelivery.watchmactv.com/mactv/mp4/019-PixariMacDance.mp4

Smile

Martin
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
http://smartdelivery.watchmactv.com/mactv/mp4/019-PixariMacDance.mp4

Thanks, Martin!
gand
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Videos are ready

OpenOffice.org conference videos of Eric Bachard's lecture and the NeoOffice presentations from Patrick & Ed are ready.
They are available as .mp3, .mov, .mp4, .ogm and .avi.

http://www.freesmug.org/Video/OOoCon2006/

Enjoy.

P.S. If someone has an iPod, please let me know if mp4 play on it.

LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject:

EXCELLENT!! Very Happy Shocked Cool

I just watched "03 - Aqua is Here! The Solution: Demystified" and learned quite a LOT. GREAT talk, interesting (even more so now I that I understand what was happening behind the problems as they occured! ), and should be most informative to "anyone" interested in OOo Mac porting. Thanks to all for sharing these.
It's exciting to see a little bit of "history" in the making.

If these ... tasks were the "easy and pretty" Shocked tasks - I would never have lasted this long.
Patrick and Ed are AMAZING developers!
And they give a pretty good lecture / talk too! Laughing I liked the "mini" white board. Thanks!!

Special Thanks to gand for recording and posting these. I will be watching more this weekend.

It's . just . amazing . at . the . amount . of . coding . effort!!

It really is nice to be able to see, and hear, Ed and Patrick explain so of the mysteries behind NeoOffice 2.Oh! and Aqua port. thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU (all! )

Philip (Neo is making me ... smarter AGAIN! Wink )
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Videos are ready

gand wrote:
OpenOffice.org conference videos of Eric Bachard's lecture and the NeoOffice presentations from Patrick & Ed are ready.

Thanks likewise, gand. I too enjoyed the videos. Watched most of all of them, and was amazed at the level of work lying behind the programs we use. Compliments to the camera operator/sound man/director: I had no trouble following it all [that doesn't mean I understood what I saw and heard Wink]. It's always great to hear and see people, even if it's not in the flesh. I don't have an ipod, so can't comment on the podcast, but used both Qt and VLC, and they were pretty well flawless Smile
Peter
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject:

Wow! Am I falling behind Smile Silly jet lag knocked me out very early yesterday so I haven't been able to get my own recordings online yet! The videos are way cool!

gand : Thank you very much for driving so far to do the video for us and to hang out with us. I way enjoyed meeting you, and the videos really do add a much more personal dynamic that gives a flavor of what we were doing for the whole online community that wasn't able to make it there. I'm glad that some of the other folk are already enjoying! Many thanks for adding such a wonderful element to the whole experience Very Happy

For those who are curious, in addition to some poorer quality audio corresponding to those presentations (that's the little dictation recorder I'm waving around) the following three will also be put up eventually:

- NeoOffice : The Next Steps
- NeoOffice in the Business, Government, and Educational Sectors (merged first two talks on Wednesday)
- Thespian Drinking Madness

Those actually were all of the talks that we managed to do. The talks we didn't do were "What is NeoOffice?" since no one was there that early on Monday (but we covered it at the Geneva event...I'm sure we can summarize our thoughts here) and "Navigating the NeoOffice Online Community" since, well, most people had already left and anyone who would find it online would have to learn how to use the websites so it's kind of redundant Smile Samwise also did a much better job of illustrating the community in Geneva than I possibly could!

ed

/hates jet lag
//hates going to do real job while jet lagged
///can still drink while jet lagged, tho
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Videos are ready

aussie149 wrote:
[that doesn't mean I understood what I saw and heard Wink]

If you have any questions on anything feel free to ask them! Part of the idea behind putting these online is to give people not only a chance to view them, but also to extend the entire experience to others online. People who were there had an opportunity to ask questions in person, but anyone else who has any should feel free to ask here (or in other forum topics).

Patrick and I are both geeky developers, and it shows Wink

I'd love to try to help explain anythign for people who aren't familiar or go into more detail. I'm really really stoked that gand has the video since it meant I could try to get some visuals into the Aqua talk. I listened to my audiotape and realized it's kind of hard to explain and visualize scrollbars in audio only, for example Rolling Eyes

ed
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject:

aussie149 wrote:
I don't have an ipod, so can't comment on the podcast, but used both Qt and VLC, and they were pretty well flawless

You probably mean QT (QuickTime), and not [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(toolkit)]Qt[/url]. People often confuse the two, since to most Mac users, Qt or QT means QuickTime, whereas many others assimilate QT and Qt to the toolkit Smile

(or it may just be a typo)

Quote:
They are available as .mp3, .mov, .mp4, .ogm and .avi.

I haven't had the time to watch the videos, am I on any of them ?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject:

IIRC I believe there are a few questions of yours in some of the tapes, but I don't know about the videos (I'm downloading now!).

gand : Also feel free to ask if you would like them mirrored anywhere else if the bandwidth drain is too high. We may be able to get them onto some of the binary mirrors if administrators are willing.

ed
wge
Sentinel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject:

hello,

I am quite interested in the t-shirt you wear on the event. Is there a possibility to get one of those, or if not, is there a possibility I/we make them ourselves ? I think this is good for "spreading the word" NeoOffice.

by the way. Rolling Eyes I did not see all of the videos, but what i've seen you guys did/are doing a GREAT job. *Respect*

OpenOffice.org 2.0.4 on mac
Mac OSX 10.4.7
Fedora 5 OOo 2.0.3
Other
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject:

The t-shirt is a dark blue, has the little logo on the front and then across the back in a similar font has "www.neooffice.org". They're good quality shirts too; mine has already been through the wash a few times and the logo is still nice and white!

We didn't wind up giving all of our t-shirts away (attendance at OOoCon was less than expected...) so I brought back some of the extras myself. After I hear back from The Council members to whom I've promised t-shirts I'll most likely open up giving them away to whomever wants them. The old guard gets the priority since I promised them before the conference...I hope you don't mind! I've already got ones set aside for folks who replied to me already and will be getting mailers tomorrow. I want to get the kind where the envelope won't rip so the shirts will come through clear!

For reference, all sizes are US, but we did men's medium through 2XL, and we even have a small number of women's style t-shirts in medium and large.

If you want one, private message me (the "PM" button on the bottom) with the size and style (men's vs. women's) you're looking for and I'll let you know if I have them available. If I have them, I'm hoping to mail them out free of charge but will need to check with the USPS about customs, else I may just go DHL.

Remember...they aren't for sale...they're free Smile

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10