NeoOffice :: View topic - Creating an Aqua toolbar icon set
Creating an Aqua toolbar icon set

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject:

OK how about this - more prominent but noticeably different from the filled shapes:

LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject:

Hmmmm, VERY nice.

They LOOK very nice, Outstanding - even! Shocked

Any thoughts about changes to:
- the SpellCheck icon to have a red Squiggle?
- White PDF text on the Red bar in the Print-to-PDF icon
I see these all the time so I wonder about changes.

The whole array of Icons is/are Outstanding! THANKS!!!

Philip ( LOVES the new Icon set. Youse Guys R O C K! Cool )
Punto_Mac
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
how about this - more prominent but noticeably different from the filled shapes

Very Happy Two Thumbs Up!

Armando
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm getting close the point where I am ready to include the new icons in the Neo 2.1 build. Currently, the build has the following two files:

neo2toolbarv10.zip
NeoOfficeAquaElements.zip

Are there new replacement zip files available yet that include all of the icons that you want included in Neo 2.1? If so, could you provide a URL from where I can grab them from?

Note that if you are still doing minor tweaks to the icons, that is OK to do until February 11, 2007 as long. However, I'd like to have get zip files with the nearly done files as soon as possible so that I can verify that my build can handle the new files.

Thanks,

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Note that if you are still doing minor tweaks to the icons, that is OK to do until February 11

Shocked

/me begins to draw shapes icons in a panic!
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
neo2toolbarv10.zip

These are the document icons-as-toolbar icons that I made from Daniel's icons (plus a handful of other icons Daniel did for the prefs and whatnot for Aqua Beta).

Presumably Armando will deliver a final Akua "toolbar" set of in-app icons that will include these...but Armando, if you and I and Daniel need to coordinate on merging these into your final Akua set, please let me know Smile

Smokey

Operator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Wooee! Smokey emailed me today to tell me the app icon was included in Mac|Life's round-up of best ever icons.

Thanks for your congratulations - I am soooo psyched! Tomorrow, I'm going out to buy a copy of the mag. *Several* copies! I'll frame the relevant page!

Hoooo!

And the funny thing is: it was the first icon I'd ever done!! Come to think of it - it's the only icon I've ever done!

I designed the ship by using Ed's original brown scan of the Renaissance era engraving as a template; and then went over it in Photoshop. Photoshop's bevel and contour tools were useful for the sails and some of the body of the ship. The hull was mainly just airbrushed. There are a lot of layers in my Photoshop PSD file for this image. If you think the ship's oddly proportioned, you should have a look at the original engraving!

By the way, I also did the "ship emerging from the mist" image that's up there at the top of this page. Nice to see it's still in use. Smile

And as for the aqua glass-look icon... I did that by following an on-line tutorial on how to make aqua-style icons!

And it made the "best ever" set!!! I still can't believe it!

I am so chuffed!

's made my day. Very Happy Very Happy

Dan
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Dan,

CONGRATS! Your icon is better than good, It's an AWARD Winner!
Enjoy "framing the relevant page! "

Philip ( In AWE of the talent found in the NeoOffice Community Wink )
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
However, I'd like to have get zip files with the nearly done files as soon as possible so that I can verify that my build can handle the new files.

Most of the icons that will be replaced are included in the images.zip file found in Armando's disk image.

http://homepage.mac.com/punto_mac/projects/neo/downloads/Akua_Beta_Release.dmg
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject:

That is awesome! I should go look for that and scan it in for our historical records (hopefully avoiding attacking rock creatures...).

ed
Punto_Mac
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Are there new replacement zip files available yet that include all of the icons that you want included in Neo 2.1? If so, could you provide a URL from where I can grab them from?

Patrick:

I've uploaded a disk image with an updated images.zip file, same link:

http://homepage.mac.com/punto_mac/projects/neo/downloads/Akua_Beta_Release.dmg

Quote:
These are the document icons-as-toolbar icons that I made from Daniel's icons (plus a handful of other icons Daniel did for the prefs and whatnot for Aqua Beta).

Presumably Armando will deliver a final Akua "toolbar" set of in-app icons that will include these...but Armando, if you and I and Daniel need to coordinate on merging these into your final Akua set, please let me know

If I am not mistaken, Daniel's document and preferences icons are included.

Armando
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Punto_Mac wrote:
If I am not mistaken, Daniel's document and preferences icons are included.

Indeed, they are, including (I think) the one I made that Daniel wants desperately to replace Wink (the small icon for "Templates and Documents" in the menu that drops down from the "New File" toolbar button).

Do you know if OOo 2.1 adds any new icons, or are you working from an OOo 2.1 images.zip? That's my only worry about shipping a complete images.zip—otherwise that method is wonderful; I just dropped it in and had Akua in my toolbar, no hard command-line work involved at all! Smile

Fabulous work, simply fabulous Smile

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Do you know if OOo 2.1 adds any new icons, or are you working from an OOo 2.1 images.zip? That's my only worry about shipping a complete images.zip—otherwise that method is wonderful; I just dropped it in and had Akua in my toolbar, no hard command-line work involved at all! Smile

FYI. In the NeoOffice build, I use the existing OOo images.zip and only replace files that exist in the Aqua icons package. That way, if any icons are missing in the Aqua icons package, the OOo icon will still be there.

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Indeed, they are, including (I think) the one I made that Daniel wants desperately to replace Wink (the small icon for "Templates and Documents" in the menu that drops down from the "New File" toolbar button).

Oh yeah, I remember now. I would suggest these changes to New Document menu:

Master document = Master.icns
Labels = txt.icns
Business cards = txt.icns
Documents and Templates = generic.icns

Armando, who should do this? These icons are just 16px PNG rips from my Finder icon set.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
FYI. In the NeoOffice build, I use the existing OOo images.zip and only replace files that exist in the Aqua icons package. That way, if any icons are missing in the Aqua icons package, the OOo icon will still be there.

Patrick

I think Armando works on the existing OOo images.zip as well, and simply replaces the old icons with the new ones when they are available. Thus if an icon is not yet included in Akua, the images.zip will contain the old icon. That's what happened when the small help icons were missing : the default help icons were displayed instead. Also, the new icons use the same names as the originals so it might be difficult to know which icons are Akua and which ones aren't.

I wonder whether OOo has an automated testing tool to check whether an icon set is missing some icons ?
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 15 of 25