Creating an Aqua toolbar icon set

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
Note to Armando/Patrick: please always overwrite all previous versions of my shapes icons with the contents of the most recent set - I sometimes do little tweaks to older icons when I see imperfections, and I'd like these to make it into the final release.

FYI. I always take the contents of the .dmg file and commit a zip file of its contents in the NeoOffice CVS repository. Then, the build unzips the stock OOo icons and after that it unzips the zip file with your latest icons over those. Lastly, I zip up the result into a new images.zip.

Patrick
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
Apologies that I couldn't get all the shapes done but working life got in the way again.

No apologies, please. Your contribution to the next release (along with all the other artists' contributions) has been fascinating to watch develop and grow.

I bet I'm just like many others for whom this particular deadline date has been eagerly awaited - marking another step towards early release day. We can't wait to get our hands on this next release to see all your visual handiwork available on our computers.

Thanks a million.

Punto_Mac
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject:

I've updated the disk image, the last update before NO 2.1:

http://homepage.mac.com/punto_mac/projects/neo/downloads/Akua_Beta_Release.dmg

Armando
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Hi Armando,

I've downloaded this .dmg with several different browsers and with curl, and every time, the dmg will start to mount, display the license, and after I accept, it then shows the error window complaining of a "corrupt image" and refuses to mount Sad

Smokey

The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Works for me.
Punto_Mac
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
and after I accept, it then shows the error window complaining of a "corrupt image" and refuses to mount

Try this link:

http://homepage.mac.com/punto_mac/projects/neo/downloads/Akua_Beta_Release(zlib).dmg

Armando

/Forgetting there's Panther users Embarassed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Punto_Mac wrote:
Try this link:

http://homepage.mac.com/punto_mac/projects/neo/downloads/Akua_Beta_Release(zlib).dmg

Armando

That works nicely; thanks! Smile

Smokey

Punto_Mac wrote:
/Forgetting there's Panther users Embarassed

/forgetting Apple added incompatible bzip2 compression to 10.4 Wink

The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Great Work

Looking better and better. The most recent work is very impressive. Pretty!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject:

FYI. Due to a bug in the NeoOffice build scripts (see bug 2195 that Ed filed), a few icons did not get put into the images*.zip files in NeoOffice 2.1 Early Access.

Since adding the corrected images*.zip files to a patch would make the patch rediculously large, I am not going to release a patch that upgrades Neo 2.1 Early Access to Neo 2.1. Instead, everyone who has Neo 2.1 EA will need to download and install Neo 2.1 to get the corrected images*.zip files.

Although this will be kind of a pain for the 1000 or so EA members, it does create any opporunity to include any icons that were created or modified after the Neo 2.1 EA cutoff.

If you want to include new icons, let me know and, when you are finished with your changes, post a link a to the new download. If you can get the link up by Friday, March 16, I should have enough time to put them in my Neo 2.1 build before I start uploading the binaries to the mirror network.

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject:

/Dan sucks in a deep breath and looks at the shapes icons again...

I'd like to clean up the large document icons in the button for the new document quick menu, they are dirty around the edges. I've also noticed that if you select "Documents and Templates" from the quick menu, the icon in the button switches to a version of the blue template that is obviously too small (it's horribly blurry).

EDIT: Couple of things...

The new document button only displays this problem with large icons; with small icons the new document button is fine. Incidentally, before any new documents have been launched from it, the button has one of Armando's icons in it, whereas the large icon variant displays the Writer icon initially.

Can anyone tell me the location of the document icons used in the new document button for the large icon set? (the large icons in the button, not the little ones in the menu)
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
Can anyone tell me the location of the document icons used in the new document button for the large icon set? (the large icons in the button, not the little ones in the menu)

Boy, I wish I had kept better notes on that Sad

Edit: Best guess off-hand is that these are images.zip/res/lx03242, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, and 55.png

Smokey

The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Best guess off-hand is that these are images.zip/res/lx03242, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, and 55.png

Yes, they were the closest match I could find. But the source files don't suffer from the problems I see in the new document icons: there's a horrible black border at the bottom and around the neo globe, and the icon seems to be blurred due to resizing (i.e. the source icon is the wrong size for the button).

The "lx" icons are 32px so resizing to 26px might be causing this problem - if we have found are the right icons (big if!). The trouble is I don't want to just change the icon size to 26px because I don't know where else these icons might be used in the interface.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
The "lx" icons are 32px so resizing to 26px might be causing this problem - if we have found are the right icons (big if!). The trouble is I don't want to just change the icon size to 26px because I don't know where else these icons might be used in the interface.

Right, since I think those are also used in File: Properties…

If I get a chance this weekend, I'll do some more detailed poking.

Smokey

The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject:

26px star shapes:

I decided to use the boxouts instead of literal representations of 8/12/24 point stars, which looked crappy when I drew them at 26px and would be impossible at 16px.
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Black borders

djpimley wrote:
there's a horrible black border at the bottom and around the neo globe, and the icon seems to be blurred due to resizing (i.e. the source icon is the wrong size for the button).

Funny, FWIW, I was getting that sort of black-bordered mage when I was using Iconic to replace the batch. Using a whole zipped file, I get pristine images.

New shapes are gorgeous, by the way.
Peter
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 19 of 25