NeoOffice :: View topic - customize toolbar
customize toolbar

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: customize toolbar

Customize toolbar in NeoOffice is a nightmare! As always, I hope to be clear enough to explain this.

When you open Tool -> Cusatomize -> Toolbars it starts with standard toolbar. If you want to change toolbar to customize it you have to click on pulldown menu.
If you choose one of the toolbars displayed in the menu during changing the window flicker for a while during the redrawing.
But the worse is that you cannot choose any toolbar that is not directly displayed on that menu. For example on my iBook when I start the procedure and click on buttom to display the pulldown menu it shows toolbar titles from OLE-Object to Tools. The toolbar is than changed with flickering. But if you try to select with mouse, for example, "Formatting" toolbar the Commands window flicker for a while but never change to Formatting toolbar. The selection is instead possible if you use arrow keys.

Valter
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

This is a symptom of bug 1645

Andy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: customize toolbar

valterb wrote:
Customize toolbar in NeoOffice is a nightmare! As always, I hope to be clear enough to explain this.

When you open Tool -> Cusatomize -> Toolbars it starts with standard toolbar. If you want to change toolbar to customize it you have to click on pulldown menu.
If you choose one of the toolbars displayed in the menu during changing the window flicker for a while during the redrawing.
But the worse is that you cannot choose any toolbar that is not directly displayed on that menu. For example on my iBook when I start the procedure and click on buttom to display the pulldown menu it shows toolbar titles from OLE-Object to Tools. The toolbar is than changed with flickering. But if you try to select with mouse, for example, "Formatting" toolbar the Commands window flicker for a while but never change to Formatting toolbar. The selection is instead possible if you use arrow keys.

Valter

How is this different than OpenOffice.org 2.0.3? I get the same behavior in both Neo and OOo 2.0.3 so this is clearly an OpenOffice.org 2.0.3.

If there is something different about this bug than the OOo 2.0.3 bug, please file a bug in Bugzilla and we will take a look at it.

Patrick
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

As suggest by Patrick in bug report I download beta2 patch 1 test 2.
Unfortunately when I run that pkg it returns with an error that says the package cannot be installed.

to Patrick: I've installed back OOo 2.0.3 to test the result, but I do not have the behaviuor I describe above. Since it seems the same bug Andy suggests before should I open an other bug?

Valter
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

valterb wrote:
As suggest by Patrick in bug report I download beta2 patch 1 test 2.
Unfortunately when I run that pkg it returns with an error that says the package cannot be installed.

It won't install? Did you build NeoOffice yourself? If so, the patches will only install against builds that we have released as applying our patches against a custom build can make your installation unusable if they were built on different tags and or Mac OS X version.

Andy's bug was definitely fixed in that test patch so if you cannot install the patch and you have our Neo 2.0 Aqua Beta build, then please a new bug about the patch installer and, if possible, rerun the patch installer and when it errors select Window -> Show Log -> Show Everything, save the log, and attach the log to the bug.

Patrick
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Hang it! I'm just stupid!!! I was trying to install the patch having Neo running Embarassed You konw, it's 1 am here. Better go sleeping now (and my newborn son is not crying at the moment Surprised )
Everithing is OK. Apllying that patch resolves the problem of selecting toolbars with mouse. Flickering is still there.

Valter
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject:

valterb wrote:
Everithing is OK. Apllying that patch resolves the problem of selecting toolbars with mouse. Flickering is still there.

Good to hear that it works. The flickering, however, is an OpenOffice.org 2.0.3 bug. It just flickers slower in NeoOffice due to all of the extra Aqua control drawing.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1