Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Mac porting website get a new look
Mac porting website get a new look

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Mac porting website get a new look

The Mac porting project has recently redesigned its website; it's not really breaking news, but it's (slightly) better than the old one ...

http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/download/index.html

Note that some pages still aren't there.
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

It's an ... improvement. They have been talking about these changes for some time and it's nice to see it happen. Smile

It ... "seems" that the number OOo Mac new user question (and #2, #3, and more! Wink ) is how come OOo does not run / What is this X11 (or worse Mac OS 11?) thingie? Must get tiring answering the same question over and over, and over, and ...over. Crying or Very sad

It sounds like they are going to post an note directly on the download page to explain. Confused
I sure am happy that NeoOffice does not have to deal with the "What is X11 thingie" problems. Laughing

Philip ( I just want to tell ALL the Mac users that NeoOffice 2.0 solves ALL these problems/concerns! Rolling Eyes )
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
I sure am happy that NeoOffice does not have to deal with the "What is X11 thingie" problems. Laughing

I saw the biggest newbie ever on the mac@porting list today. He asked if there was a also version for OSX 10... I think this was because he thought X11 was the next version of the Mac OS Wink.

Though I think the people on the list missed that initially...

Best wishes,
Oscar

LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
LemonAid wrote:
I saw the biggest newbie ever on the mac@porting list today. He asked if there was a also version for OSX 10... I think this was because he thought X11 was the next version of the Mac OS Wink.

Though I think the people on the list missed that initially...

Best wishes,
Oscar
How true. Embarassed
It gets VERY confusing for the new user to understand what to do, or even understand some of the replys. Answering questions can be as big, or bigger, a task as doing some of the coding. Every new user brings their own set of ... problems/concerns.

Philip ( IF the "new user" does not understand, and does NOT use the software - then the software "is not working properly". Wink )

/ Sad, but true. Wink
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

It also doesn't help that Apple doesn't install X11 by default. I don't think it's available as a separate download any more either as there was a note on Apple's website telling 10.4 users to install off of the DVD.

ed
MacRat
Sake Horner
Sake Horner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
It also doesn't help that Apple doesn't install X11 by default. I don't think it's available as a separate download any more either as there was a note on Apple's website telling 10.4 users to install off of the DVD.

ed

And from the 3rd CD of 10.3.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject:

And from who knows where if you actually got the Tiger CDs through that exchange program...

ed
MacRat
Sake Horner
Sake Horner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
And from who knows where if you actually got the Tiger CDs through that exchange program...

X11 is also on the 3rd CD of the Tiger CDs.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1