Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Start automatic numbering opages using a number other than 1
Start automatic numbering opages using a number other than 1

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilli2
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Start automatic numbering opages using a number other than 1

Hi everyone, I am brand new to Neo Office and I am impressed. Does anyone know how to start automatic page numbering using a first or commencement number other than 1?

I have already numbered pages in another document (Chapter 1) and now want to continue numbering in sequence on a different document (Chapter 2).

Thanks.

P.S. I am wanting to do the above using the Header.
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Start automatic numbering opages using a number other th

gilli2 wrote:
Hi everyone, I am brand new to Neo Office and I am impressed. Does anyone know how to start automatic page numbering using a first or commencement number other than 1?

I have already numbered pages in another document (Chapter 1) and now want to continue numbering in sequence on a different document (Chapter 2).

Thanks.

Click on Insert -> Field -> Other in the header area where you want to add the page number. This will bring up a dialog box. Select Document -> Page and type in the offset in the box at the bottom.

James
gilli2
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject:

Dear Merovinglan,

Many, many thanks for your help. While it must work for you it just doesn't work for me.

When I follow your instructions and click Insert after entering the value in the Offset box the only thing that happens is that a vertical line is inserted in the Header.

I shall keep trying, because I really think NeoOffice is worth it.

gilli2
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject:

gilli2 wrote:
Dear Merovinglan,

Many, many thanks for your help. While it must work for you it just doesn't work for me.

When I follow your instructions and click Insert after entering the value in the Offset box the only thing that happens is that a vertical line is inserted in the Header.

I shall keep trying, because I really think NeoOffice is worth it.

You just confirmed what I found. I will open a bug for this.

Patrick:

It appears that if you choose an offset from the original value, the value does not get copied. Will look at OpenOffice to see if this is where the problem is at.

OpenOffice bug Confirmed with m58 build. Will open NeoOffice bug and OpenOffice bug.

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
b]OpenOffice bug[/b] Confirmed with m58 build. Will open NeoOffice bug and OpenOffice bug.

If this is an OpenOffice.org bug, why would you open a NeoOffice bug? The scope of the NeoOffice project has not changed and I am only fixing bugs that exist in NeoOffice bug do not exist in OpenOffice.org.

Patrick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
jjmckenzie51 wrote:
b]OpenOffice bug[/b] Confirmed with m58 build. Will open NeoOffice bug and OpenOffice bug.

If this is an OpenOffice.org bug, why would you open a NeoOffice bug? The scope of the NeoOffice project has not changed and I am only fixing bugs that exist in NeoOffice bug do not exist in OpenOffice.org.

So that you would not try to fix it and that we in the NeoOffice project are aware of this 'malfunction' and that it exists in the base OpenOffice code and not in any code that the NeoOffice project injected. If you check the bug that I opened, I immediately added that the problem exists in the OpenOffice code.
I am still looking into how the OP can do what is needed to add to the page count of a multi-document project.

James
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Start automatic numbering opages using a number other th

gilli2 wrote:

Thanks.

The answer is NOT intuitive and was received because I opened an IssueZilla with OpenOffice. It is located at:

http://documentation.openoffice.org/faqs/word_processing/044.html

And was verified in NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha Patch 6 and NeoOffice/J 1.1

Pointer: the Page Number must be set to the page number you want to start the new numbering sequence with, not the last page in the document you are continuing with.

James
randyharris
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

This tip helped me, thanks.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1