· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Italicized Italics
Italicized Italics

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GibHenry
Councilperson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Italicized Italics

I've reviewed the bug reports on this, but I'm not sure whether what I'm seeing is one of those or not: I'm seeing italicized italics. That is, the italics both on-screen and in print appear to have been both italicized and then emulated, resulting in an increase in slant angle and change in character form/shape. This is fairly recent, I think: it did NOT appear on a printout on October 20, but DID appear on the same printout on October 23. It's immediately obvious when you look at the two printouts side by side. The font in question has had (Java-related naming) difficulties in the distant past, but not in the last 6 months or so (until now); it's a Mac TrueType Garamond.

How should I proceed? Bug? (New, old?) Cheers,

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject:

I can also reproduce this behavior with standard Mac OS X fonts like Times Roman. This appears to be a new bug that is different from the other Java 1.5 font bugs. Can you please open a new bug for this?

Patrick
GibHenry
Councilperson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Italicized Italics: Bugged

pluby wrote:
I can also reproduce this behavior with standard Mac OS X fonts like Times Roman. This appears to be a new bug that is different from the other Java 1.5 font bugs. Can you please open a new bug for this?

Patrick

Done! Bug #1928. Cheers,

The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject:

Does this mean that Java 1.5 can do synthesised italics? If so will it be possible for NeoOffice to display fonts such as Lucida Grande and Geneva in italics, even though there is no italic version of the font installed?

Andy.
GibHenry
Councilperson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject:

amayze wrote:
Does this mean that Java 1.5 can do synthesised italics? If so will it be possible for NeoOffice to display fonts such as Lucida Grande and Geneva in italics, even though there is no italic version of the font installed?

Andy.

Having tried bold, italic, and bold italic of both in Writer and Calc documents, I'm sad to report that the answer is no.

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject:

FYI. The fix for bug 1928 is now in Neo 2.0 Aqua Beta 3 Patch 7. Patch 7 can be downloaded from the NeoOffice patch download page.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1