· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Scroll bars incorrectly place and resizeable
Scroll bars incorrectly place and resizeable

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Zippy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Scroll bars incorrectly place and resizeable

I have noticed the scroll bars look odd in Calc for a while now, with patch 8 the horizontal bar starts too narrow, but it can be resized (very odd feature), there is like a 1 pixel line below the bar and a 2 pixel line to the right of the bar.

Also the vertical bar has a 2 pixel line at the top.

Do I need to file a bug report?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

The lines at the end of the scrollbars is normal in Calc. If you place your mouse over on them, the cursor will change to a "resize" cursor. If you then click and drag the mouse into the scrollbar, you will split the view of the sheet into two views and each view will have its own separate scrollbar.

Patrick
Mr Zippy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
The lines at the end of the scrollbars is normal in Calc. If you place your mouse over on them, the cursor will change to a "resize" cursor. If you then click and drag the mouse into the scrollbar, you will split the view of the sheet into two views and each view will have its own separate scrollbar.

Patrick

Remaining problems then:

1. I just realised the 1 pixel gap between the scroll bar and the window bottom should be a black line, it starts on the left of the scroll bar for a few pixels and there is the odd pixel in places, drag it in and out and the odd pixels move. (see example below)

2. The left end of the horizonal scroll bar should surely have a thick black line for the resize option, yet it is topless rectangle (see example below)

3. Surely the horizontal scroll bar should spring to full width the width between the sheets tabs and the right edge of the window, not just a narrow scroll bar snapped to the right, it just looks wrong.

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for posting a screen snapshot. Your original post makes more sense now. I don't see this bug on my Mac OS X 10.4.8 Intel machine so I thought you were talking about the think black line at the end of the scrollbars.

What version of Mac OS X are you using?

Patrick
SteveRead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

I get this bug using 10.4.7 on a Powerbook G4. However, one thing that is important is that the broken black line does not appear when you first open a Calc worksheet. It only happens (at least on my machine) after you use the bar to the left of the bottom scroll bar to move the scroll area back and forth. Once you start moving the scroll area back and forth with the vertical bar, then the broken black line appears and the missing pixels will move as you move the vertical bar back and forth.
revsmitty
Keymaker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I'm getting the same effect as Steve is.

The black line under the scroll bar does disappear again if you resize the window or in some other way force it to redraw.

The scroll bar does act a little schizophrenic.
It is a fairly wide scroll when you start with column A.
As you move across the spread sheet the scroll gets shorter and then when you get to about column AT it stops moving and just sits there and jiggles as you continue to move across the spreadsheet.
Clicking on the blue scroll button and dragging it all the way to the right does not take you to the far right column of the spread sheet. Rather when you release the scroll button kips back to the middle of the window and you move about 15 or 20 columns.

Moving back to the left it works more like I would expect In that if you drag it all the way to the left it goes back to column A. If you click on the left scroll arrow it stops about 1 default column from the right hand side and jiggles and slowly gets a little larger while the columns continue to move past.

10.4.8 PPC-G4 mini
Neo 2.0 AB3 p8

Galen
Mr Zippy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject:

I am using 10.4.8 on a Core 2 Due iMac.

I did mean in addition the thin lines (look like 2px black) on the end, but you describe them as the window pull out/split points, so that's correct.

I checked and it appears only to affect Calc.

BTW I take it Window resize is supposed to make the window blank while you drag?

Neil
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject:

revsmitty wrote:
The scroll bar does act a little schizophrenic.
It is a fairly wide scroll when you start with column A.
As you move across the spread sheet the scroll gets shorter and then when you get to about column AT it stops moving and just sits there and jiggles as you continue to move across the spreadsheet.
Clicking on the blue scroll button and dragging it all the way to the right does not take you to the far right column of the spread sheet. Rather when you release the scroll button kips back to the middle of the window and you move about 15 or 20 columns.

AFAIK this is normal behavior. Basically, there is an umlimited number of rows and columns, so there is theoretically no limit to how much you can scroll, either vertically or horizontally. When you have a very large amount of columns, for example, keeping a wide scrollbar that only moves a little will diminish the bar's precision, so making it smaller compensates for it. Of course, at some point, you can't make it smaller (otherwise it would become invisible), which triggers the second behavior your described ("sits there and jiggles"). You will also notice that the vertical scrollbar behaves the same.

Edit : It is normal behavior. The scrollbars work the same way in OOo/X11 2.0.3.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject:

Looks familiar ? It seems to be an OpenOffice.org bug ...
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

I hope Ed can clean this up Smile. Looks way to ugly for NeoOffice.
Mr Zippy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Apparently the thick black line at the right end of the scroll bar is to indcate you can drag / split the window, as stated above... This could do with tiding up maybe, but not sure how.

The bug is the missing line off the bottom of the scroll bar, the partially appears in places if the drag the width in and out.
Mr Zippy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

I just noticed the black line bug below the horizontal scroll bar, that black line should not be their at all should it!

When you drag the scroll bar it starts to draw it, if you drag slowly it's a complete black line below the scroll bar.
Mr Zippy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Bug still there in patch 10.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Mr Zippy wrote:
Bug still there in patch 10.

That's because no one filed a bug in Bugzilla with reproducible steps. As my earlier post noted, I am unable to reproduce this.

Patrick
SteveRead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: black line

Sorry, I just posted a bug, with a description and screenshots in Bugzilla. this is with patch 10, 10.4.7 on a G4 Powerbook.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2