· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Import OXT package
Import OXT package

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hjd
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Import OXT package

I just purchased a theme collection from SUN that is supposed to work with OpenOffice, and I presumed NeoOffice.

Is a file with ".oxt as the exension. In OpenOffice 2.04 on my windows ME platform, it is installed through the package manager. This works fine. However, In NeoPffice, I get a popup that says "void".

Any attempt to use the exetensios manager in Open Office 2.1 on mac (X11 crashes the program, so I cannot install it there either.

I have successfully used the package manager in NeoOffice to add Language Tools, so
Any ideas on how to get it to work with NeoOffice?

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Import OXT package

hjd wrote:
I just purchased a theme collection from SUN that is supposed to work with OpenOffice, and I presumed NeoOffice.

I suspect that Sun has some native code in their theme collection and that native code is only compiled to run on Windows, Linux, and Solaris. Even some volunteers produce an X11 version of OpenOffice.org, Sun's engineers only create official releases of OpenOffice.org and StarOffice for these three platforms.

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject:

.oxt is also the new packaging mechanism that was introduced starting with OpenOffice.org 2.0.4. Earlier versions of OpenOffice.org will most likely not be able to load any extensions using the new package layout. Sorry if Sun didn't explain that in the requirements document Sad

Neo 2.0 AB3 is based on OOo 2.0.3 and cannot work with .oxt extensions. As we are still working on stability issues, we will not be moving AB3 off of 2.0.3. We are planning to move to a newer base version of OOo for the upcoming Final release. In the meantime check if they have an uno.pkg version available that can be registered. Even if there is a uno.pkg version of the extensiono, Patrick is correct; if their extensions contain native code they won't be able to run properly on OS X, either OOo or Neo.

ed
hjd
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

It might not be a native code issue for windows only; but I can't tell.
The extension manager in X11 OO 2.1 bombs out attemptng to install anything. Just clicking on the "Add" button in the manager pull down bombs it.
So until I can install any extension in 2.1 for Mac, X11, I won't really know what exactly the issue is.
It's a template package, so once the templates are installed, I'm hoping I can just export them as templates and then import them into Neo. Of course, this will take orchestration, so I'll only be doing this for those templates that I really like to have on both platforms.

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject:

hjd wrote:
It might not be a native code issue for windows only; but I can't tell.
The extension manager in X11 OO 2.1 bombs out attemptng to install anything. Just clicking on the "Add" button in the manager pull down bombs it.

OOo X11 has had a nasty bug for many releases when compiled with gcc 3.3. In NeoOffice, I fixed this bug many months ago (which is why you make it to the point where the "void" message is displayed) but apparently the OOo people haven't noticed this bug. You may want to file a bug with them so that they know about it.

Patrick
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
You may want to file a bug with them so that they know about it.

This bug has been filed (February 23, it's bug 62495). It's fixed in the Intel version, but still present in the PowerPC one.

Jacqueline
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:

jgd wrote:
This bug has been filed (February 23, it's bug 62495). It's fixed in the Intel version, but still present in the PowerPC one.

Hmm. To my knowledge the bug never occurred on Intel.

Patrick
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:

Hmm. To my knowledge the bug never occurred on Intel.

Ah! Surely you are right. But I have an iMac Intel since only three weeks… So, I just discover that the bug is still present on my Pb G4, but not on the iMac. Bad news for PPC users Sad (and many thanks for having fixed it)

Jacqueline
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

Patrick's in fact fixed this bug twice; he had it fixed, and then at some point in the 2.0.x releases Sun changed something and Patrick had to change/update his fix when I discovered it was crashing again Wink

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1