Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Cannot print color with NeoOffice 2.2.2 Patch 11
Cannot print color with NeoOffice 2.2.2 Patch 11

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe_sp
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Cannot print color with NeoOffice 2.2.2 Patch 11

Sad I am using NeoOffice 2.2.2 Patch 11 on an Apple Intel Mac OS X 10.5.2. I have a Canon Pixma MP610. I cannot print in color.
I tried printing a black line, a blue line, and a red line. I got grayscale printing instead. The grayscale option was not chosen.

I am able to print in color from Firefox and TextEdit.

I have two questions:
1. Is anybody else have the same problem?
2. Is there a fix for this problem?
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject:

I don't have this problem.

If you choose File > Print, and instead of clicking on Print, click Preview in the print dialog, is the file that opens (in the Preview application) colored or grayscale?
joe_sp
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject:

If I choose File > Page Preview, it shows up in color, but still prints in grayscale.

Would it help to deinstall and reinstall from scratch?
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Damn it! Sorry if I sound harsh (and please don't take it personally), but you're the nth person to do that!

If you read my post carefully, you will notice that I indicated to click on the Preview button in the print dialog (which is accessed via File > Print, and features a nice "Preview" button, that opens a preview of the document in the Apple Preview application). File > Page Preview has nothing to do with that.

When you press on that button in the print dialog, is the preview (in the Preview application) colored or grayscale?
rob_06
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject:

This may help Goto Print in the file menu

Click on the arrow button beside the printer name

You will see Layout with an up and down small arrows click on this select Quality and media and check that greyscale printing is not selected. It is at the bottom.

I have had this happen to me where for some unknow reason it is suddenly selected and will as a result only print greyscale.

This is not a problem with Neo Office as it has happened in MS Office and Preview for me.

I put it down to a problem with the canon drivers may have a bug.

I hope this helps
K-9
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject:

just printed 2 contracts and color was fine. pixma ip 1800 by canon and newest patch.
joe_sp
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject:

There is a preview in the print options, but it mainly displays radio buttons. The print black option is not checked.
I have tried updating the driver to no avail. I knew about the grayscale option and made sure it was not set.
I am still having the problem.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Here's the NeoOffice print dialog:

What happens when you click on the Preview button (color or grayscale printing)?
joe_sp
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject:

I cannot get an image onto this.

However, I mainly get check boxes options when I hit preview. I do not get a print preview screen.

If I change the layout to "Quality & Media", I get a grayscale check box which I leave unchecked.

My printing works fine from Firefox and TextEdit.
rob_06
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Could you please post a image or link to an image of what you see in the print preview from Neo Office this may give a better idea and help track down the problem more easily.
joe_sp
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject:

I was not able to figure out how to post an image. If you could by telling me how to do it and what format to use I will be glad to do it.
rob_06
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject:

The easiest way would be to use either photobucket or Imageshack to upload to and post the link here that way the image could be viewed.

Both those image sharing sites are mainly free to use and I have been using photobucket for several years now and find it works well.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject:

joe_sp wrote:

However, I mainly get check boxes options when I hit preview. I do not get a print preview screen.

Do you mean you see a dialog named Printer Options? Just click OK. Then the document should open in the Preview application. Color or grayscale?
joe_sp
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject:

Do you mean you see a dialog named Printer Options? Just click OK. Then the document should open in the Preview application. Color or grayscale?

Yes, I did see a dialog named "Printer Options". And I did hit "OK" and got the preview screen. The preview screen showed the text in gray scale. The gray scale option was not selected.

I also tried the same in Firefox. In Firefox, when I hit print > preview, I immediately get the preview screen (there is no printer options dialog). While color and gray scale work in Firefox, the preview always shows up in color.

I would like to solve the first problem, the lack of color printing. I can always export to PDF and print from a PDF document.

I understand why people were confused. Many of you were expecting a screen, not a dialog, and I did not make the difference clear.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject:

OK, so the Preview application shows the document in grayscale.

By your previous posts, you've already made sure that grayscale printing was not set in the print dialog.

In NeoOffice > Preferences, under NeoOffice > Print, is the "Convert colors to grayscale" checkbox selected?
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2