Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Autotext button greyed out
Autotext button greyed out

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
infogeek80
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Autotext button greyed out

Hello,

I enjoy using NeoOffice 2.0 Alpha Patch 3 on a Mac G4 runnin Mac OS 10.4 with all updates. I am trying to create my own autotext to insert. I click Edit | AutotText... I fill out the name and shortcut and select the category but the AutoText button remains greyed out as does the Insert button. I can click the other buttons but they don't seem to help.

Any help? Thanks,

infogeek
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject:

After reviewing the NeoOffice Help entry, I have managed to get it working. It seems that the default Path for the My AutoText category is not set (correctly?) Consequently, the drop-down AutoText menu to the right of the AutoText window dialogue doesn't offer "New" or New (Text Only)" options until this situation is corrected.

I think I clicked on Categories in the AutoText dialogue window, then selected My AutoText in the Edit Categories window and selected the Path in the drop-down menu which points to the Library folder in the user account, rather than the Path which points inside the NeoOffice application in the /Applications folder.

This seemed to 'activate' the ability to save auto-texts as the path is now pointing to an area where I as a user have write permissions in the system. If this doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll repeat my steps on another computer and take more care in recording the steps I followed.

I've never used this AutoText feature until now. Looks like it could be rather useful though!

Trust this helps.

infogeek80
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Autotext greyed out

I couldn't quite reproduce what I understood to be your steps but I did find a way to get it to work using your information:

I went to Edit | Autotext | Catagories. I selected the path file:///Users from the drop down menu as you suggested and created a new category. I can add and delete Autotext entries to this new category. I couldn't get the built in My AutoText category to work but this seems to work.

Thanks!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1