Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Standard deviation on a chart?
Standard deviation on a chart?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disko
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Standard deviation on a chart?

In Calc I came across this kind of problem: if I use calculated averages to make a chart (Chart type: Columns, Variant: Normal), and I also have calculated standard deviations from the preliminary data, then how could I visualize the exact and corresponding calculated standard deviations on the chart?

Data Series -> Statistics -> Error category: Standard deviation will show some kind of error bars on the chart, but these do not correspond to the actual values that are calculated from the preliminary data to each column (corresponding to each average). Actually I don't even know where the program takes the st.dev. from. Perhaps it calculates it from the data of averages that I used for making the chart in the first place, but in this situation that would not be right or relevant.

Is there any way how I could manually set the destination where the st.dev. values for each column should be taken from?
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject:

The error bars that you are actually allowed to insert in Chart are only constant error bars, not individual error bar for each point of the diagram (I hope to be clear enogh with my english).
The feature you request is going to came, when chart2 will upgrade actual chart module (probably with OOo2.3), and will show a more advanced Statistical Data Analysis Tool

Valter
disko
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject:

thank you Smile
I will wait then..
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1