· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Bookmark webpage
Bookmark webpage

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dndrich
Operator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Bookmark webpage

OK, here is a weird one. I am now registered on this forum. When I go to the forum page, it still shows www.neooffice.com on my web browser address. I'm running Firefox on my mac. Now, on my PC, the same web page shows the trinity address, so that I can bookmark it! Why can't I bookmark the forums page on my Mac? Any ideas?

Sad
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm; that is odd. I use Firefox on my mac, too, and the url always shows up as trinity.neoffice.org/whatever. I have my bookmark set for the Trinity Home page, I think, but i just clicked on the "trinity.neoofice.org Forum Index" link and then drug the flavicon in the url box to my toolbar. I shifted away from trinity, then used to new bookmark to return to the forum index.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Well, the ".com" address is doing a redirect to ".org"...perhaps there's some proxy server or other bug that's preventing the URL itself from refreshing.

Just tappy in "trinity.neooffice.org" directly and hopefully that should work, or try navigating from the ".org" domain.

ed
dndrich
Operator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject:

The problem came because I got there from the NeoOffice website. If I go there directly by typing in the url, it works fine, and I can now bookmark it. it just seems strange that this behavior occurs on my Mac, but not on my PC.

In any event, it is bookmarked now!

Very Happy
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Actually, .com is just a frameset page (with .org as the sole frame), so any links clicked never break out of the frameset, so the url in the location bar never changes.

Frames Rolling Eyes

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1