Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Neo Office 2.1 Spreadsheet
Neo Office 2.1 Spreadsheet

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
universe
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Neo Office 2.1 Spreadsheet

Hi! Problems with Spreadsheet:
1.Linking/Copying from one spreadsheet to another - either won't link or copies incorrectly -e.g 102.86 is copied 12.86. Also won't copy/paste from one spreadsheet to another. The spreadsheets are separate documents e.g Expenses Vehicle log
2. Colouring - I want negative numbers in red. How? Help is of little use. Advises View-Colour Bar- no Colour bar. Format - that doesn't work either.
Run G4 MDDD OS 10.4.9
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject:

I can't help with with linking between spreadsheet documents, but for copying, try copying and then choosing "Paste Special" from the Edit menu. You should then be given some choices of what/how you wanted it pasted.

For negative numbers in red, control-click or right click on the cell (or selected range of cells) you want formatted this way, and choose "Format Cells..." Make sure you are in the Numbers tab in the dialog that opens. In the bottom half of the dialog there are check boxes for things like "Negative Numbers Red, Thousands separator, etc. you can even define a custom number format, although I don't know much about doing that.

Hope this helps,

Lorinda
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject:

The cell referencing from another doc is an OpenOffice bug, I'm afraid.

I've just tested it in NeoOffice 2.1, OpenOffice X11 2.1 & 2.2 and Winxx 2.2, and the same behaviour persists: you can link correctly to a cell in another doc, but even if that source doc gets saved after editing, there's no way to update the value in the target cell afterwards. If you close and re-open the docs, you get prompted to update the cell reference - but it doesn't do it. (Oh, and if you delete the cross-doc cell reference, you still get this alert on re-opening the target doc, presumably because the cross-doc reference is in the edit history or something.)

And sometimes/always, if the source cell's contents have been edited and saved even before first linking to the target cell, the target cell's value ends up as the value that was in the source cell BEFORE it was edited.

I've posted this as OOo bug #76741.

- padmavyuha
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Incidentally, copying/pasting values and formulae from one Calc doc to another works fine for me - how are you doing it when it goes wrong? Please describe the steps involved so I/we can test it.

- padmavyuha
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1